The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Employees come to home?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
So my employees are given equipment at the start of each day and must return it at the close of each day. For security reasons I'd rather them not know my personal address. I need help figuring out a way I can have them pick up/drop off each day without having to come to my home. I remember people on here saying that it was not smart to rent office space before I have a proven business model so I don't want to just go rent an office. I really appreciate your responses!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
Just meet them somewhere twice a day if possible at all... Have a meeting place centrally located. Other than that I'm not sure...
A coffee shop maybe? Meet them there in the morning to give them the equipment, have coffee real quick and go over the agenda for the day then meet there again at the end of the day to discuss the days progress and return the equipment to you

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Landscaping equipment? Size?

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Right now we have just the cleaning division open so basic cleaning supplies. I'd let them just keep everything with them, but each vacuum is about $700.00. In February we will be opening the landscaping division so at that point we will need to deal with that size equipment. Might as well solve that problem now if at all possible. I want the equip returned each day, but for safety reasons I can't have them coming to my home.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
So, would a meet up spot not work?

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Not sure where you live, but a lot of self storage places have small "office-warehouse" on site you can rent also. These will be like a 8x8 office with a 20x20 connected warehouse. Normally no contract, month to month and rent is pretty cheap. $125/MO, or so depending on the unit size, location. Problem is I don't think the storage place wants you giving out the gate code to all these employees.

http://www.private-mini.com/office_warehouses

Or you could just rent a regular office/warehouse. They are not that expensive, might have only an annual contract vs a 3-5 year, CAM is often included, etc. I would go that route. You don't want a bunch employees coming to your house. Especially after you fire them. It's a safety issue.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
So, would a meet up spot not work?

A meet up spot would work short term, but I'd rather just bite the bullet and get what I really need and that's an office/warehouse. I'm going to have to price them out.

D

DeletedUser2

self storage places have small "office-warehouse" on site you can rent also. These will be like a 8x8 office with a 20x20 connected warehouse. Normally no contract, month to month and rent is pretty cheap. $125/MO,

if you pick the right one, you can expand as you go.
so you could have 1 then 2 then 5 then10 units as your business gross. and so you only have to pay for space as you need it. and no long term contracts.
as soon as it reaches critical mass, you can move to a more permanent location

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Trying to do that now so we can get rolling. Prices are pretty crazy and there's a ton to choose from

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.