The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Electrician / Real Estate Investor..... Read the new book and now what!? - MINDBLOWN

Ztrem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 21, 2019
Hey!

I am a 31 year old Electrician / Real Estate Investor in Canada.
I got into the trades because growing up I was always told that is where the money is. Followed the "Save your money and buy real estate"

Now in some circles I might be considered slightly successful but after reading MJs new book my mind is blown.
After reading MJs new book my mind is blown and I wish I had something like this when I was 20. A lot of my programming needs to be changed and re programmed. I thought the idea of making $50 an hour was success but this book completely changed that.
A) In my profession if I am not physically performing the work I dont make any money.
B) Limited earning variables. MAX 12 hours a day, MAX $100 an hour.

Real estate has been amazing for our family but again not a fastlane business and really not the best allocation of my resources.

I am curious if there are any other tradesmen who have read this book and had success creating fastlane businesses?

Appreciate you all!

Zack

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Welcome Zack!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey!

I am a 31 year old Electrician / Real Estate Investor in Canada.
I got into the trades because growing up I was always told that is where the money is. Followed the "Save your money and buy real estate"

Now in some circles I might be considered slightly successful but after reading MJs new book my mind is blown.
After reading MJs new book my mind is blown and I wish I had something like this when I was 20. A lot of my programming needs to be changed and re programmed. I thought the idea of making $50 an hour was success but this book completely changed that.
A) In my profession if I am not physically performing the work I dont make any money.
B) Limited earning variables. MAX 12 hours a day, MAX $100 an hour.

Real estate has been amazing for our family but again not a fastlane business and really not the best allocation of my resources.

I am curious if there are any other tradesmen who have read this book and had success creating fastlane businesses?

Appreciate you all!

Zack
What can you do with what you have learned through your trade?

Are you a union man or an independent contractor? a contractor? what is your situation?

What tool(s) can you invent that you wish you had out in the field?

What service(s) could you use out in the field?

What did you learn in your RE investments? How can you pivot that into a "sister" business?

How can you go forward from here?

Gtp

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jan 8, 2022
I am asking the same from myself.

I am selling time and don't want to sell more of it.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I am asking the same from myself.

I am selling time and don't want to sell more of it.
Maybe you will want to sell a percentage of other people's time? Try being a contractor?

We have a plumbing contractor here in town. He has a real going business. I buy a lot of plumbing supplies from his little store. He's selling a whole bunch of guys' time to fix plumbing. And he has managers who run his business. He started in the apartment above the store in the middle of his shops and work yard. I know he must be worth a few million dollars just from his business.

We also have a doctor who has a bunch of side investments. He has his fingers in many different investments that he funds through his practice.

Both are good examples of a productocity.

But it sounds like you want more -- like the people in MJ's book who made multi-millions in a short time frame.
So, your response is that you no longer want to sell your time? You may want to get a side gig going first. Then you can spread your wings and test your flying skills before you jump off the cliff????

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome, I think the trades are a great opportunity for someone who wants to transition from owner and laborer, or operator and manager.

Great to have you.

beertank23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 11, 2013
I'm a sparky. I keep my day job, and started an ecomm company on the side. Start a company man, either as a contractor, or something else

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...