The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecom peeps! How do you manage your day?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
With so much extra time due to the pandemic, I haven't been exactly efficient with my days, how do ya'll manage time? Yesterday I spent about half the day filming and the rest twiddling my thumbs I guess and lurking the forum.

Spending a few hours making some ads and interacting on social media pages and the other little things involved still leaves me tons of extra time, how can we increase productivity? What is the most efficient way to spend our time? I've got a few months left of no commitments or responsibilities, I feel like I'm doing alot of ''busy work.'' If I was in the NBA I could see practicing 3 pointers for 10+ hours a day being a great way to spend time, what is the E-com equivalent?

Thanks alot in advance :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Facing the same problem.

For me I feel as if I’m not doing enough for the brand and it’s driving me nuts. But then again, I really don’t have much to do besides new product research and typical admin work like emails, inventory orders, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and about half the day is spent looking at exotic cars and trying to make myself justify an emotional purchase when I have a $60k pre-construction condo deposit due and a $30k AMEX balance due next month.

But cars before bills I guess, lmfao.

Last edited:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Asana + Slack + Google Calendar to manage my team and all our projects. I'm looking into Airtable too.

9am-1pm is my most productive time. 1pm-2pm is usually when I go to the gym or a for a swim (both are closed at the moment) so I'm going for walks instead and working out at home.

2pm-6pm is catch up on emails, calls, check ads, review the previous day's sales, check product inventory etc.

I don't use lists. I use the 'Get Shit Done' process on Asana that someone posted on FLF and it works like magic. Try it.

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
I delegate as much as possible. I try to hire really good people that can take initiative and there's less back and forth. They have a goal and they go do it. This saves me so much time as I can focus on the important stuff for the store (and my other business).

I plan out my week in advance and this helps a lot too. I follow my calendar so I always know what I'm working on for that day and that hour period.
I realised I was wasting so much time just figuring out what the priority was - what work I needed to get done. Now I know exactly what needs to get done and I go do it during the allotted time.

I've learned how I work best and to make sure I structure my time so I don't get distracted.
  • Up at 4:45
  • Deep work from 5:00 - 9:00
  • 9:00 - 10:00 1 hour walk + wim hof meditation
  • Breakfast 10:00 - 10:30
  • Gym session 10:30 - 12:30
  • More work 1:00 - 3:00
  • Break 3:00 - 3:30
  • More work 3:30 - 6:00
  • Dinner and chill 6:30
The early mornings don't work for everyone. I had to work hard to get used to it but now I have 4 hours every morning of really productive work with minimal distraction.

Still tweaking the schedule but for Covid it's been awesome and I'm getting a lot done.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Facing the same problem.

For me I feel as if I’m not doing enough for the brand and it’s driving me nuts. But then again, I really don’t have much to do besides new product research and typical admin work like emails, inventory orders, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and about half the day is spent looking at exotic cars and trying to make myself justify an emotional purchase when I have a $60k pre-construction condo deposit due and a $30k AMEX balance due next month.

But cars before bills I guess, lmfao.
I delegate as much as possible. I try to hire really good people that can take initiative and there's less back and forth. They have a goal and they go do it. This saves me so much time as I can focus on the important stuff for the store (and my other business).

I plan out my week in advance and this helps a lot too. I follow my calendar so I always know what I'm working on for that day and that hour period.
I realised I was wasting so much time just figuring out what the priority was - what work I needed to get done. Now I know exactly what needs to get done and I go do it during the allotted time.

I've learned how I work best and to make sure I structure my time so I don't get distracted.
  • Up at 4:45
  • Deep work from 5:00 - 9:00
  • 9:00 - 10:00 1 hour walk + wim hof meditation
  • Breakfast 10:00 - 10:30
  • Gym session 10:30 - 12:30
  • More work 1:00 - 3:00
  • Break 3:00 - 3:30
  • More work 3:30 - 6:00
  • Dinner and chill 6:30
The early mornings don't work for everyone. I had to work hard to get used to it but now I have 4 hours every morning of really productive work with minimal distraction.

Still tweaking the schedule but for Covid it's been awesome and I'm getting a lot done.

Interesting you plan everything a week ahead, I'll try to add that into my routine, thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.