- Joined
- Jan 24, 2014
- Messages
- 127
Rep Bank
$630
$630
User Power: 119%
Hi everyone,
I have been a wantrepreneur for a long time, almost as long as I can remember. It has always been on my mind that the only way to true wealth and freedom is through owning businesses. Because of this, when I was 19 (now 23) I started my first business, a mobile detailing gig. Being in to cars all my life and well versed with a polisher, this was a logical and profitable venture for me. I made well over $8000AUD in my first year of business, almost all profit, however I soon realised that the strenuous work and tight time restraints weren't sustainable or conducive to the lifestyle I wanted.
Because of this, I decided to start a more passive income type business, selling automotive parts and accessories on eBay. I focused on automotive parts for a few reasons, mainly:
My first month saw $455 in sales, which completely blew away my goals. Although this was still a loss for the month (expenses were $875), I was extremely happy to make as many sales as I did, considering I had no sales experience and had only ever sold the odd item here and there on eBay. Also, the large majority of expenses went into stock, which I obviously still have just waiting to be sold, thus is still potential profit.
At the moment, my entire marketing campaign is achieved via Facebook. I have run 2 ad campaigns to build likes on my page, both only $20 each. I am a member of many automotive related sales pages in Australia, and have been approved by most admins of these pages to promote my business through them, which has driven a modest amount of traffic to my listings. Apart from this, I also run an Instagram page with related content, and occasionally post a for sale item with a link through that.
In closing, I am excited to see where this venture will take me, and have become utterly addicted to researching items and creating listings. I hope in the future to generate a minimum of $1000 of revenue per month, and if my current trends continue, I should make that goal sooner than expected.
Thank you for reading, feel free to ask any questions, criticise, suggest etc.
James
I have been a wantrepreneur for a long time, almost as long as I can remember. It has always been on my mind that the only way to true wealth and freedom is through owning businesses. Because of this, when I was 19 (now 23) I started my first business, a mobile detailing gig. Being in to cars all my life and well versed with a polisher, this was a logical and profitable venture for me. I made well over $8000AUD in my first year of business, almost all profit, however I soon realised that the strenuous work and tight time restraints weren't sustainable or conducive to the lifestyle I wanted.
Because of this, I decided to start a more passive income type business, selling automotive parts and accessories on eBay. I focused on automotive parts for a few reasons, mainly:
- I understand what people want in the market
- I have a large network of connections within the automotive subculture
- I own a tastefully modified Nissan 200sx S14 that I could use as a demo car
- Margin of minimum 150%
- Minimal moving parts/complicated electronics
- Able to be posted via Post boxes rather than courier
- Potential flow rate of 5 items per month or more
My first month saw $455 in sales, which completely blew away my goals. Although this was still a loss for the month (expenses were $875), I was extremely happy to make as many sales as I did, considering I had no sales experience and had only ever sold the odd item here and there on eBay. Also, the large majority of expenses went into stock, which I obviously still have just waiting to be sold, thus is still potential profit.
At the moment, my entire marketing campaign is achieved via Facebook. I have run 2 ad campaigns to build likes on my page, both only $20 each. I am a member of many automotive related sales pages in Australia, and have been approved by most admins of these pages to promote my business through them, which has driven a modest amount of traffic to my listings. Apart from this, I also run an Instagram page with related content, and occasionally post a for sale item with a link through that.
In closing, I am excited to see where this venture will take me, and have become utterly addicted to researching items and creating listings. I hope in the future to generate a minimum of $1000 of revenue per month, and if my current trends continue, I should make that goal sooner than expected.
Thank you for reading, feel free to ask any questions, criticise, suggest etc.
James
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
