The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Validate & Execute - Automotive Dealers & AI

Idea threads

AutoMan

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Mar 27, 2024
So I'm about to properly engage with my target audience and test my idea.

Story goes - I started building AI assistant or chatbots for a few of my mates with home services businesses. They would engage leads in sms conversations and provide quotes and estimates based on the framework I fed them. While chatting to another friend who was previously a car salesman for quite some time, he indicated there might be a need for similar systems in the front end of dealerships. So I got to investigating...

Long story short...I found that dealerships in my state had no line of communication open for inbound leads after hours and enquires were dealt with the next business day.

I spent the next few months building out an AI assistant that fills the after hours service gap specifically leads coming through the largest car listing platform in AUS into dealerships.

Instantly automatically engages with the lead via sms, provides product knowledge, nurtures and looks to book test drives and hand off to a salesman. It has a no response follow-up sequence and automatically provides the salesman with a detailed contact summary. The end goal is an end to end customer service AI assistant but thats some time away and Im focused on the initial enquiry/pre sale first. Its very much an MVP but I want to keep it that way until I receive some REAL feedback.

All early feedback from friends in the industry has been positive.

My assumptions Ill need to validate -
1. Dealerships will recognise the value in and be willing to invest in AI technology for after-hours customer engagement.
2. Customers prefer and are satisfied with interacting with AI for their initial inquiries, rather than waiting for a human response.
3. Responses will be sufficiently personalised and accurate to positively impact lead conversion rates.
4. The implementation and integration process will be smooth and not disrupt existing dealership operations.

The plan:
I have focused on building an audience on Linkedin. I found I can easily connect with sales managers and dealer principles. I have created an explainer video, some product demos and have regularly been getting my brand in front of decision makers with content.
Next step is to find a two dealerships willing to trail the system for free in return for some honest feedback. I will reach out to sales managers on Linkedin along with calling the dealership the same day with my offer.

This thread will serve as an area for my progress and accountability.

I hope to gain advice from anyone that follows along - Please share your thoughts

Here is the link to my landing page

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.