• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

O/T: HEALTH Eating foods that are "alive"

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Brian Suh, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Brian Suh

Brian Suh Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,003
    So i've been thinking (disclaimer: This will be heavily bro science but think about it). I'm all about living in the present and looking towards the future and leaving the past behind. However, this is easier said then done.

The failures and regrets of my past and the past hurts can definetly effect my present state of mind and make me make irrational decisions. It is a lot better than it was a year ago and I see it improving week by week but it's not perfect. I have however found that eating foods that are filled with "life" makes me more "present to the moment" and optimistic. I genuinely believe that our past traumas and pain are deep imbedded within our physical cells. Studies have shown that social rejection and failures impact the same parts of the brain as real physical pain. Could eating foods that are filled with life (fruits, vegetables, fresh fish and eggs) help accelerate this process of getting rid of the past and living in the moment?

What do you guys think? I know it sounds out there but I believe it.

2. Primeperiwinkle

Primeperiwinkle Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,700
    Google Raw Food or Fruitarian. That’s exactly what they believe.. and I think there’s some significant benefits.

Xeon likes this.
  3. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,970
    I believe in this too. I have a biology background and had some courses on gene expression. They talk about how gene expression is affected due to certain external factors. And these can be altered. I think things like PTSD have storage of physiological stress in your body/cells. Exercise, good sleep and good diet can work wonders. Whether you are sick or healthy, you can't go wrong with this type of lifstyle/habit.

I speak from experience that my mental and physical condition has improved greatly. The other part of this is your environments both at home and on the outside. Try your best to be in growth environments. Avoid people and places that are hostile and negative. This also includes cutting off friends and family that have be historically/presently damaging.

Michael Burgess and Jello like this.
  4. Brian Suh

Brian Suh Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,003
    100% this. I used to always believe "no new friends no new friends - drake" but then that would mean I would stop growing. Especially if those friendships were made from destructive habits such as smoking weed and playing video games (for me anyways).

As I get older, I find that I will only associate those who are focused on self improvement and towards a brighter and better future. Out with the old in with the new. The same as the food to keep this thread relevant.

Michael Burgess and Dmoneyzzz like this.
  5. Dmoneyzzz

Dmoneyzzz Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $170
    Definitely keeping it fresh rather than processed appears to be the better short term and long term decision. Cleaner energy, better feeling for your mind and body, keep it fresh! :cool:

6. rogainer

rogainer 10 2 10 FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,238
    I agree. Much like our cells hold trauma, in theory, so do the cells of the animals we eat. Think of the terrible energy you are consuming then, considering how animals for food are treated. I think this is why some cultures, like certain buddhists, are vegetarian.

Tommo likes this.
  7. Tubs

Tubs You'll never see it coming Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $147
    Eating foods that are "alive" is important for your health & mental well-being.

By that I mean fermented food like sauerkraut, or yogurt. Filled with live bacteria that improve stomach health and digestion. In fact gut health also has an impact on your mental state (The gut-brain connection - Harvard Health)

Do some research into it, it's pretty interesting. (Not really what you mean by food that's "alive," but its what I was thinking when I saw the thread title)

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.