The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Clean eating and exercise challenge - health, productivity & focus, weight loss

Tomas J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 11, 2018
Hey guys,

First of all, a disclaimer - I am not going to sell anything!

Now we can get to the point. Last few weeks, I worked hard on my new business, and my otherwise pretty good eating habits get a huge hit.

On Fastlane Accountability Discord Group (if interested in joining, follow this link: Join the Fastlane Accountability Group Discord Server!), I suggested that I make a "clean eating challenge," I also decided to share it here.

I was a professional athlete, and I have a formal background in health and fitness; I am a certified personal trainer, etc. In other words, my experience with various diets and exercise types is pretty decent. Now, I am not writing this because I would like to show off myself... exactly the opposite - even though I consider myself almost a professional in those areas, there are times when it's still hard for me to keep on the right track.

During the years of studying health and fitness, I realized that the single biggest problem why so many people struggle to keep on track is this:

It's not about which diet or exercise is better/the best; it's about the execution. In other words, the vast majority of us know that we shouldn't eat that donut and sit all day behind the computer screen, and still, we often do it. We don't need to find that perfect diet (it doesn't exist anyway...). We need to follow those simple "rules" we've always known (don't eat too many sweets, etc.!).

If we should focus on something, it's the execution. I created this challenge because I firmly believe that we can leverage the power of accountability and help each other a lot with that (actually, I need your help myself..).

I've created a simple table in google docs in which I will, starting by tomorrow, tracking how I did each day - did I eat clean today, did I have enough movement today? If I did well, I would fill the cell with green color. If I did badly, I would fill it with red. Of course, the answer is subjective (I don't have any strict rules that would say that, e.g., eating 30g of dark chocolate is ok, but 50g of milk chocolate is overboard), but I don't consider it a problem... I will try to be as honest with myself as possible. Anyone who will join this challenge will see my results - black on white.

If anyone would be interested in joining me, you are more than welcome - you can simply duplicate the "Empty table" sheet, rename it using your name or nickname and fill the particular cells every day. Just keep in mind that your results will be public, but that's the point of accountability after all.

You will find the table here: Clean Eating and Exercise Challenge. I set it up so everyone with the link can edit it.

P.S. If anyone wants to discuss what to eat or what exercises to do, simply write me a message, and I will gladly discuss it with you. The other option is to write a comment on this thread, and I will try to deliver the best response possible. Once again, I am doing this because I want to reap the benefits of accountability for myself + I would like to get some value back to people on this forum from which I mainly consumed in the past; I have no intention of capitalizing on this challenge.

P.P.S. Any suggestions on how to improve this challenge are appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hi Tomas,

Good luck on your journey.

It's not about which diet or exercise is better/the best; it's about the execution. I

Couldn't agree more. Which is why changing gradually to eating more healthily seems the best option. I mean if you follow a diet plan then you invariably come off the diet once you have achieved your goal. If you build good habits of eating healthily and taking regular exercise then you are no longer on a diet but have a healthy lifestyle. That is much easier to maintain as it becomes second nature and an integral part of who you are over time.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I’m only 26 but I can’t sleep from my sudden low back pain. It’s recurring and I’ve had enough! And one guy has helped me understand, in the middle of the night when I can’t get live help, that I have tight hip flexors - and I already feel SO much better from stretching

Do ab workouts and lower back, I'd bet you have a pot belly, back pain comes from weak muscles.

Restless8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 7, 2018
Bangladesh
Very good journey as usual. Your journey is really inspirational and will help others for sure. I also had same of experience. I was really confused because of my heavy weight. I even can't move freely because of my heavy weight. It was really hard for me to do anything fast. But now I am okey and already burned lots of fat from my body. According to my short experience, I think if someone can follow the direction properly must gain good results. And that has exactly happened to me as well. Overall, it was a nice weight loss journey for me. And I don't want to forget it.

Thanks again keep continue your good work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017