The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH Eating fish

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Thoughts? I was thinking about how crazy it is that I'm eating a dead fish that was swimming around in who knows what. Maybe it's time to cut out fish?

I've been trying a bit more to think about the things I put in my body, at my work everyone smokes and it has been effecting my health from breathing in second hand smoke. Since my job is shutdown atm my cough is gone, my breathing has improved a bit. Now to take that a step further and think about my diet!

Cutting out sugars etc etc. Has anyone cut out fish from their diet? Lately at the store I can get a box of fish for $8 so it's fairly cheap and goes a long way.

One industrial toxin that commonly pollutes oceans is mercury, which is either directly deposited through industrial runoff or rains down into waters after being released as an emission.
All of these sources of waste lead to toxicity in oceans and directly affects marine life. Globally, there are around 500 marine dead zones because pollution is so extreme.
For all the areas that aren’t dead zones, pollution still seeps into sea creatures and works its way through the marine food chain. And this pollution, ultimately, makes it to supermarkets and restaurants where it’s sold to humans.
Global CItizen campaigns on ending pollution in marine environments and you can take action on this issue here.

While parasites are definitely a cause for concern, toxic substances from human pollution are a more persistent threat.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
sparechange

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Yes. Wen't vegan two years + ago.
Never felt better:
1) Mi cronic sinusitis is gone.
2) Acne is gone.
3)Body fat decreasing.
hmm, I have some acne & a bit of sinusitis I think, (although this be from second hand smoke at work)

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2019
Yes. Wen't vegan two years + ago.
Never felt better:
1) Mi cronic sinusitis is gone.
2) Acne is gone.
3)Body fat decreasing.
Any tips for someone who's been eating REALLY bad and wants to slowly ease into something healthier? I've been eating a lot of fast food, processed shit, & lots of sugary drinks. I've tried cutting them out but it's such a deep addiction that reinforces itself when energy gets low.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2018
San Diego, CA
Any tips for someone who's been eating REALLY bad and wants to slowly ease into something healthier? I've been eating a lot of fast food, processed shit, & lots of sugary drinks. I've tried cutting them out but it's such a deep addiction that reinforces itself when energy gets low.
Why slowly ease into it? That stuff is killing you. I would recommend any book by Dr. John McDougall. His latest is the Healthiest Diet on the Planet.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2019
Why slowly ease into it? That stuff is killing you. I would recommend any book by Dr. John McDougall. His latest is the Healthiest Diet on the Planet.
Doesnt sudden changes in diet cause a really bad reaction?

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2018
San Diego, CA
Doesnt sudden changes in diet cause a really bad reaction?
I’m not a medical doctor or a dietitian, so this is only my opinion. The increase in fiber might have you going to the bathroom more often than you are used to, but I wouldn’t call that a bad reaction.

There are things to consider if you take medications such as blood pressure medication, cholesterol lowering drugs, or insulin. If you have underlying medical conditions, consult your doctor before making big diet changes, but I don’t think switching to eating plants is going to give the typical person any dangerous reactions.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
One thing I did this year that has eliminated my craving for soft drinks entirely (I have had only 2 so far this year) is I've started drinking tonic water.

What I've found is that part of my craving for pop was also a craving for "effervescence", which is the fizz in pop. Tonic water satisfies that, and so I no longer drink pop.

If plain tonic water isn't your thing, you can spruce it up with those "flavor enhancers", which are definitely healthier than pop. I did this for a while and it tastes 90% like a regular soft drink! You can even make your own flavor combos if you want, though I'm a plain jane and I've just stuck with regular orange flavoring.

In the past month or so I've completely moved to consuming Bubly (bubly sparkling water) flavored tonic water. Tastes similar to pop, but the flavoring is not as strong, but it suits me fine. When prepping for possible lockdown, instead of buying flats of water like everyone else, I raided the Bubly. I got 12 cases of it! Bubly is great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
@Fox I'm also wondering about this, if I pay now, will I be on the program for 1 year or until...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock