The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DWN - Execution Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
Hey y'all,

Here is the start of my execution thread. I am going to update it every month or when I have a big update.

Where I came from:
Starting out with where I came from. I was born in raised in northern Illinois. My pops owns a landscaping business and hustles cars and other things. My mom is a fourth-grade teacher.

Growing up I always saw both my parents going through their own battles and tough times financially. I have learned a lot over the years about my dad's business, how he got started, and the mistakes he made (the largest one was putting almost all his money into a nursery and overextending himself with employees and equipment which took a turn in 08-09).

College was always the goal for my parents to send my brother (older) and me to. My brother is a pilot for Air Wisconsin and in a few years United (if nothing changes... good luck right?). I was always seen as the compassionate one, so a pediatrician or veterinarian was how my family saw me. But I had other plans as I had no desire to go to college. However, with some convincing and a lot of scholarship money, I ended up going to Marquette University in Wisconsin blinded by the slow lane and sidewalk. Currently, I am studying commercial real estate and finance, I am graduating this summer (a year early) trying to move on with my life. I do not see myself going with the commercial real estate or finance route in my career, not gonna be stuck in some job or business (like brokerage) that is a glorified job.

Where I am at now:
After reading TMF and Unscripted this past year (now I am reading the Great Rat Race Escape ), I have begun to take action in terms of providing my own income past a job or internship. I sell items on eBay through retail arbitrage. Not a ton of money, but better than sitting around waiting for someone else to pay me.

I have also found a business idea along the lines of real estate. I will divulge more information once I get the total soft proof. I have gotten some proof of need from an experienced real estate agent who said it would be great, but I know saying it is much different than paying for it.

I am targeting boutique real estate brokerage firms (the firms are my main source of revenue) and the clientele my product serves are new and current real estate agents.

I have built out a landing page website and I am finishing up an "About Us" section so visitors know what I intend to provide as a service.

Where I am headed:

My goal (thanks to the 1/5/10 Strategy) for this year is "I own a profitable business that is a proven productocracy."

My goal for this month is "I have released my MVP (prototype) with 1 paying client."

Right now I am finishing the website (Not a huge project full of the actual service, but a way to soft prove my idea). Then I will be spending $100-$250 on advertising it on FB and TikTok to see if any new and current real estate agents are interested in using this service.

When I receive this soft proof, I am then going to build out the website to basic use of what I need. Then I am going to begin calling, messaging, and reaching out to boutique brokerage firms to show how I can grow their firm.

I am going to be updating you all next on 3/10/2022!

Talk soon,
Wyatt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 15, 2019
Update (3/8/2022):

Just got my first yes!

Now, this is not a sale so I understand there is a difference between someone saying they are interested in my business idea versus actually paying money for it.

However, I have been utilizing my time in college as a way to research and have phone conversations with my target market (boutique real estate brokerage firms) and today I got my first yes to my service idea.

I also received recommendations in the form of how I can provide even more value with vetting people, setting them up, and how to set up interviews for them.

Good stuff so far.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 15, 2019
First-month update:

My goal was to launch an MVP and have one paying client.
This did not occur.

I realize that my goal did change about a week into "I have a CENTS smart business idea."
This I did accomplish.

I have begun outreach to my target markets that I am providing value to and have 2 phone calls today.

I have had 5 so far and continue to learn more about the problems in this industry (Residential Boutique Real Estate Brokerage Firms).

I realized throughout this month, that my initial target market was a part of the industry, but not the target market that I needed to be having conversations with.

This new target market allows me to understand how they actually go forward with their hiring practices and where I can be the best fit to help them.

My Goals for the next month:

1. I have had 10 plus conversations with my target market regarding their pain points in their industry.
  2. I have begun to put together an MVP centered on providing as much value as I can.

The idea for the solution comes in the form of a website, however, you never know what pivots must be made.

Talk soon,
Wyatt

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.