The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Duplicate Content and Multiple Top Level Domains (SEO Experts)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ParadigmAU

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 30, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
So, I have registered my new e-commerce venture with both .com and a .com.au versions of my site. The plan is to have 2 websites (Shopify) at this stage with the potential for other top level anglosphere domains when the revenue is flowing.

A lot of my traffic will be coming from content marketing which I will be duplicating across both domains. Whilst I realise that the Google algorithm will likely understand the two domains are the same company and not specifically penalise one domain for duplicate content, I am concerned that the authority of one domain may be impaired by the duplicate. Ideally I would hope that each domain can become authoritative for the given content within its respective region.

Has anyone managed to achieve this outcome with multiple top level domains for the same site?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.