The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New top level domains on Jan 29th. .bikes, .singles, etc

Bruh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 31, 2013
Looks like a great investment opportunity to me. You can pre register with GoDaddy but you'll definitely need to get the priority option to have a chance at landing a good domain. It's going be hard. On top of the extra price, I'm sure GoDaddy gets people pre registering the same domains with the same priority. Lots of people buying the same domain at the same time - how is that gonna work?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
.com will still be the best, but I did see this as well. Might pick up a .shop or something to match my .com, but then again I don't really see a point since people probably won't be typing in anything other than .com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
I only 'love' .com and .(place your country tld here) domains. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nobody nows that .shop or .asia or .bikes .whatever domains exist except people that buy domains. That should ring a bell.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Just more domain registers selling get rich easy. "Oh, you don't need to drop $600,000 on Bikes.com, just buy Bikes.Bikes for $60, it'll be the same thing.

What will happen is that they'll make another $600,000 this year, selling oneworddomain.crap to a bunch of rubes.

frank65

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 3, 2014
Me too, I am veery sceptical on the new domains. Websites do so much for a company's reputation, how is .bike oder godaddy going to help here? Just not seeing it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.