The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dufresne85 Digital Products Accountability/Progress thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Dufresne85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Nov 3, 2021
Hi,

I am going Fastlane with lots of time constraints due to having a family with 2 kids and a doing full time job to provide for them.
My background story is here: INTRO - Intro

Due to time constraints, I can only focus on building projects that can eventually run automatically.

Projects that make money
Niche job board #1 - live for 4 years, monetized for 3 ~ 10K total = 90% automated, costs 30 mins per day max
Niche job board #2 - live for 3 years, monetized for 3 ~ 1.5K total = 90% automated, costs 4 hours per month max

I've coded a basic system to create niche job boards. This system is not fully automated (yet). I can highly recommend creating a job board if you want to learn how to code. Make one for your niche and get involved in that community. Its quite boring, takes time, but they can be automated to run forever and make money. They key is to finding a niche that has a high return (I am still searching).

Failed projects so far
Events website
Community/News website
Niche job board #3

Currently building
Curated directory website, will also serve as marketing channel for other projects

Backlog
Tiny SaaS #1 - never coded a saas before, this one fixes a small problem I noticed in my day job and competition already exist.
Tiny Saas #2 - a.i. related so a gpt wrapper, meaning no real moat - have to see if its worth it.
Medium SaaS #1 - more complex, so starting with tiny saas first.
Improving job board system to increase automation.

This thread is to just post updates and hold myself accountable

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dufresne85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Nov 3, 2021
Following along.

RE: your comments on the job board code. That may be another business all together - I recently saw the guy who made some software for dating websites to use (basically white label) seemed to make a good chunk doing one off sales + support.
This might be an option to consider indeed! Perhaps selling the software might be a good subscription model to try.

The curated directory website is coming along nicely. Back-end process is nearly finished, then its time for a basic but useful front-end. I've found some competitors and see they monetize it by sponsorship - roughly 20K-60K USD per year via ads and newsletter ads. It would be a nice extra for sure.

I'm creating this website completely with the help of a.i. - which is a first. Insane how fast it can go, no more endless searching on stack overflow really feels like cheating. Even if I can only work once or twice per week on this website, I am a lot faster than a few years ago. Can't wait to launch and evaluate.

Dufresne85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Nov 3, 2021
Put live a crappy mvp/beta. This will be a seo/email powered website. It can beat/take market share from the biggest player by offering a better search experience and faster load time.

Expecting to invest max 32 hours per month (each sat or sun) to add content, for max 3 months and then evaluate. It might take a while to gain traffic. But since this is a directory website and the content is evergreen, no need to kill it quick.

Hours invested: 40
Revenue: $0
Costs: $5

Content pieces: 16

Paid marketing: $0
Free Marketing:
Community Directory add: 1
X posts: 1

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dufresne85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Nov 3, 2021
April 1st, 2024 - Update

- Revenue: 0

+ More content added
+ More functionality added

Time to copy paste a content distribution automation that pushes content to social websites on an interval.

Initial response from audience is positive - but that's to be expected.
Its not the first of its kind, people use alternatives - they get more options for free.

update-datehours investedrevenuecostsprofit# pages# users# pageviewspaid marketingreddit poststwitter postslinkedin postsslack community postsinstagram postsfree directory add
01-04-20244805-53665630none1310302

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.