- Joined
- Aug 17, 2012
- Messages
- 77
Rep Bank
$255
$255
User Power: 39%
Born and raised in Brooklyn, NYC. When I was 19 I came to the conclusion that my path was to start a business, because I wasn't expecting to be able to work for the same company for 20+ years and retire with a pension.
My first job was at a business library. I figured that just by working there I'd be exposed to information that would help me start a business. Turns out that I was right.
I first discovered the internet in 1995, while sitting in a college computer lab. I actually started learning how to code HTML in a chatroom because it was fun. At least I thought so. I eventually got into developing websites for clients and finding ways to combine and crosslink the use of different services and resources online. Several years ago I was in a discussion forum and saw a link posted to an online trading platform. After setting up an account, and linking my other online accounts to it, along with joining a forum developed to teach people how to leverage the features of the trading platform to run a business, I eventually launched my first online investment program.
The trading platform collapsed, and I learned never to underestimate the power of greed to destroy the results of other people's productive work, but while it was active, I'd managed to make a pretty decent amount of money, was able to move and establish a home office, and got a better understanding of the general economy from the miniature, alternate economy of the trading platform.
So, when the the general economy went down the toilet around 2007-8, I had already experienced what other people were going to face. In 2006 I formally incorporated, at the invitation of the admins of the trading platform, who made it a requirement of all the merchant exchange agents within the system.
Since these companies were separate legal entities from the company that was running the trading platform, they all survived when the company was legally dissolved, and the trading platform was no more. Since then, I took what I'd learned and applied it to developing other skills.
So now I'm ready to launch new ventures, and found this forum through a posting in a Facebook group that I'm a member of. I must be getting mature, because I remember what the internet was like before Facebook, and YouTube...
My first job was at a business library. I figured that just by working there I'd be exposed to information that would help me start a business. Turns out that I was right.
I first discovered the internet in 1995, while sitting in a college computer lab. I actually started learning how to code HTML in a chatroom because it was fun. At least I thought so. I eventually got into developing websites for clients and finding ways to combine and crosslink the use of different services and resources online. Several years ago I was in a discussion forum and saw a link posted to an online trading platform. After setting up an account, and linking my other online accounts to it, along with joining a forum developed to teach people how to leverage the features of the trading platform to run a business, I eventually launched my first online investment program.
The trading platform collapsed, and I learned never to underestimate the power of greed to destroy the results of other people's productive work, but while it was active, I'd managed to make a pretty decent amount of money, was able to move and establish a home office, and got a better understanding of the general economy from the miniature, alternate economy of the trading platform.
So, when the the general economy went down the toilet around 2007-8, I had already experienced what other people were going to face. In 2006 I formally incorporated, at the invitation of the admins of the trading platform, who made it a requirement of all the merchant exchange agents within the system.
Since these companies were separate legal entities from the company that was running the trading platform, they all survived when the company was legally dissolved, and the trading platform was no more. Since then, I took what I'd learned and applied it to developing other skills.
So now I'm ready to launch new ventures, and found this forum through a posting in a Facebook group that I'm a member of. I must be getting mature, because I remember what the internet was like before Facebook, and YouTube...
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
