The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dreamweaver...

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Yes, have used Dreamweaver for a long time and love it. It has such wide support for so many technologies and features (CSS, PHP, ColdFusion etc) which many others do not that you can do basically anything within it. Though, I do not believe it is the simplest by a long shot for an inexperienced web designed who just wants simple WYSIWYG editing.

zack

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2007
:iagree:

Dreamweaver, great software which I found to be pretty intuitive from the word go - the learning curve isn't too steep and the more you look into what it can do you'll realise it's packed with features that you actually can USE!

The only complaint I'd level at it is the ftp could be better - best go with a 3rd party app for that.

Also, the way Dreamweaver integrates with Fireworks is fantastic.

Actually, having said all that I haven't upgraded my edition since Studio MX (which is quite a long time ago...!) since then Macromedia had been bought out by Adobe, but I imagine that will only have been a good thing...?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I used to use Dreamweaver years ago but now use Microsoft Visual Studio as Dreamweaver seemed to slide behind the technology.

Microsoft Visual Web Developer is believe is also free.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Yep, Adobe taking over has been good - well, it at least hasn't been bad. I'm currently using Dreamweaver CS2 and it is much improved over MX2004 imo.

And yes, MS Visual Web Developer is part of their free Visual Studio Express suite, and is very good - I've been using 2005 (haven't installed the 2008 beta yet) but I can't seem to get it to play nicely with a MYSQL database - typically, it prefers MSSQL (and that may well be simply that I haven't tried hard enough to make it work, I'm sure it's something very basic). And a few other nitty points. But it is an amazing free web suite imo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.