The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Double dating website

Dreisig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 27, 2011
Denmark
Hey guys!

I found DuoDater | Making Online Dating Social with Double Dates a few weeks back and I really like the idea and execution of it. I would like to have a site like that running in my home country and I've researched a bit and found nothing similar here.

It's basically a dating site with the purpose of forming duo's with friends and finding duo's to date. A dating universe with the focus on double dating.

I believe it's a quite fun idea and in my opinion it takes some of the awkwardness out of regular dating. What do you think?

I have nearly no programming skills and I guess it takes a lot of money to outsource the developement of something like this. I am thinking about finding a partner with the right programming skills and then handling the marketing etc. myself. Would this be a good way to go or am I giving up to much control?

I would love some feedback. Thanks!

- Dreisig

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Sep 30, 2011
Love the idea! Love it! However, you can take it another direction and grow it into a mix between meetup and double dating so that people who simply want to socialize can do so in a group where they are compatible or have similar interests. Two people can date from this, friendships can form, entrepreneurship can be excelled as like minded people meet, etc. etc. Reminds me of plentyoffish. Just get a programmer and partner up to discuss your prospects and possibilities.

Start by asking for opinions, the possibilities of the coder to make a site like that, etc. etc., then ask for their past examples or references. Eventually, you can offer a partnership, and sign a document were by you are equal partners. Once that happens, you can figure out traffic, while your partner does coding. This is cheaper cause your partner won't charge a single penny for his hard work which usually cost a lot. You will however, have to market the idea, and start with your friends and people from your local community by releasing fliers and tell them to form groups on your site to fill it a bit rather than have an empty site and expect people to join. You can start a forum, a blog, a social networking site, etc. etc. so yeah, kudos bro!

I am optimistic about your idea as this will take social dynamics to a whole new level on the net and people will save time by logging in and finding groups of people at the same time rather than going headhunting. Think about job postings as people could look for employees or employers using it. Awesome!

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Wow, that's a pretty cool idea. Personally I prefer to be alone with my dates but I can see how it could be fun to try.

Dreisig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 27, 2011
Denmark
TheAstonMartian: I actually thought about the group/meet up aspect too, and I think it's a great way to make it even more social. That's also going to make the site relevant to even more people.

Thanks for the "how to" on partners! I've already had a potential partner contact me. Now I've asked for some references. However as far as I know they are already 3 people. Two programmers and a graphic designer. Is this too many? I'm thinking I would rather own 25% of a success than 100% of nothing. Great feedback, thanks!

77startup: I think it would be really fun too. Going on a date with your best mate and a chick duo instead of just hitting the club looking for random girls.

ir_dizzle: Yeah! BTW: I really like the design of Credzu.

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011
Great Idea! Site looks great! Well done. Speed +

Dreisig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 27, 2011
Denmark
BrucetonGuy: This is NOT my site. I want one similar to this in my country (Denmark). That's why I'm asking for your opinion. Thanks for your input though!

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Btw I just had to battle things out with a partner of mine and talk him into reducing his equity. Partners are great, but they are unpredictable. Are you sure your partners will have the stamina to survive the first year with you at least?

Dreisig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 27, 2011
Denmark
Well, let me explain you their offer. They will develop the site with their programmer and graphics design partners according to my wishes. Then when it's done they want X% (they say it's not much, and it's going to drop year after year) of the sites profit one time a year. If there's no profit it's just bad luck and I owe them nothing. On the other hand, if the site turns out to be very profitable they're going to get a fairly big paycheck every year.

In the meantime of them building the site, I can workout the marketing plan etc., and when the site's done it's MY site, me running it etc., and they will just work as my "come to"-guys if the site needs some tweaks, new functions and so on.

What do you think of their offer?

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
I think you need a lawyer to draft up a legally binding contract. The setup you provided is a fairly complicated one that will most likely need enforcing once success roles in.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Really interesting concept with masses of potential as has been highlighted ... thanks for sharing.

Please excuse my ignorance but I cannot see what sources of revenue this site has? Can't see a premium member option or any ads on the site? I must be missing something obvious would someone enlighten me!!

Dreisig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 27, 2011
Denmark
Really interesting concept with masses of potential as has been highlighted ... thanks for sharing.

Please excuse my ignorance but I cannot see what sources of revenue this site has? Can't see a premium member option or any ads on the site? I must be missing something obvious would someone enlighten me!!
I don't think there's an option for premium membership yet, but I read in an article that it's their plan to add it later on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.