Imagine your life as a mobile phone.
A mobile phone comes with a rechargeable battery. It usually lasts three days.
In these three days, you can make calls up to six hours.
Now imagine that you turn on wi-fi on your phone.
Then you turn on bluetooth.
Then you turn on a few more applications.
What will happen to the battery? It will drain out much faster. Maybe in one day.
Are you actually using the bluetooth? No.
Are you actually using the wi-fi? Not all the time.
Are you actually using those apps? No.
Now, when you want to make a call, you can't because you ran out of battery.
Let's make an analogy to life.
The battery is your energy level.
Wi-fi and bluetooth are unfulfilled commitments or huge time wasters or bad relationships.
Let's say that you have a debt. You think about it all the time. This drains your energy. Or you meet someone who is a negative person. He changes your mood. Or you've promised something and you think all the time "I must do this, I must do this".
This drains your energy.
Now, let's say you have a little more things on your plate. You promised to make a call. You've made a mental note to pay that bill. You want to post here. You want to read that book. You want to do x, y, z.
The commitments alone, unless organized, will leave you with 25% of your normal energy. And how much can you get done in that 25%?
Not much.
So, the secret is to manage your energy, not your time. Try to have as little energy wasters as possibles. Then, remember that life is a series of short sprints, not a marathon.
Want to know what is my current time management system?
I spend half of the day recharging my energy.
And I spend half of the day working on the most important tasks, those which will pay the bills and allow me to outsource the rest.
That's all. I'm not waking up at 07:00, drinking two cups of coffee and getting to work in my underwear. I prepare my body first then I make sure that when I actually work, I do my best.
I first charge the battery and then drain it.
Do you apply this principle in your life too?
Razvan
PS: For a more comprehensive explanation of this concept, please buy the book "The Power of Full Engagement" by Tony Schwartz.
A mobile phone comes with a rechargeable battery. It usually lasts three days.
In these three days, you can make calls up to six hours.
Now imagine that you turn on wi-fi on your phone.
Then you turn on bluetooth.
Then you turn on a few more applications.
What will happen to the battery? It will drain out much faster. Maybe in one day.
Are you actually using the bluetooth? No.
Are you actually using the wi-fi? Not all the time.
Are you actually using those apps? No.
Now, when you want to make a call, you can't because you ran out of battery.
Let's make an analogy to life.
The battery is your energy level.
Wi-fi and bluetooth are unfulfilled commitments or huge time wasters or bad relationships.
Let's say that you have a debt. You think about it all the time. This drains your energy. Or you meet someone who is a negative person. He changes your mood. Or you've promised something and you think all the time "I must do this, I must do this".
This drains your energy.
Now, let's say you have a little more things on your plate. You promised to make a call. You've made a mental note to pay that bill. You want to post here. You want to read that book. You want to do x, y, z.
The commitments alone, unless organized, will leave you with 25% of your normal energy. And how much can you get done in that 25%?
Not much.
So, the secret is to manage your energy, not your time. Try to have as little energy wasters as possibles. Then, remember that life is a series of short sprints, not a marathon.
Want to know what is my current time management system?
I spend half of the day recharging my energy.
And I spend half of the day working on the most important tasks, those which will pay the bills and allow me to outsource the rest.
That's all. I'm not waking up at 07:00, drinking two cups of coffee and getting to work in my underwear. I prepare my body first then I make sure that when I actually work, I do my best.
I first charge the battery and then drain it.
Do you apply this principle in your life too?
Razvan
PS: For a more comprehensive explanation of this concept, please buy the book "The Power of Full Engagement" by Tony Schwartz.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
