Astute
New Contributor
Hi guys,
Just wondered if anyone can help me with something - I registered a domain a few months ago and not really done anything with it.
I got an email from someone claiming to be a representative / broker for an Arab investor who is looking to buy up 30-40 domains.
I have had a bit of back and forth with this guy and seem to have a decent price reachable. But what worries me is that the Buyer wants the domain valued and the broker has given me a link to some Google Answers thread which I think is fabricated. The thread mentions a cheap website to get appraisals but I cannot find anything about the company offering the service.
The brokers phone number doesn't work and has been elusive when I asked about his background.
Would be pleased to hear if anyone has any similar experience as starting to get suspicious this is an elaborate scam to get details via the appraisal site. Too good to be true?
Cheers,
Astute
Just wondered if anyone can help me with something - I registered a domain a few months ago and not really done anything with it.
I got an email from someone claiming to be a representative / broker for an Arab investor who is looking to buy up 30-40 domains.
I have had a bit of back and forth with this guy and seem to have a decent price reachable. But what worries me is that the Buyer wants the domain valued and the broker has given me a link to some Google Answers thread which I think is fabricated. The thread mentions a cheap website to get appraisals but I cannot find anything about the company offering the service.
The brokers phone number doesn't work and has been elusive when I asked about his background.
Would be pleased to hear if anyone has any similar experience as starting to get suspicious this is an elaborate scam to get details via the appraisal site. Too good to be true?
Cheers,
Astute
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
