The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Domain purchase - scam?

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone can help me with something - I registered a domain a few months ago and not really done anything with it.

I got an email from someone claiming to be a representative / broker for an Arab investor who is looking to buy up 30-40 domains.

I have had a bit of back and forth with this guy and seem to have a decent price reachable. But what worries me is that the Buyer wants the domain valued and the broker has given me a link to some Google Answers thread which I think is fabricated. The thread mentions a cheap website to get appraisals but I cannot find anything about the company offering the service.

The brokers phone number doesn't work and has been elusive when I asked about his background.

Would be pleased to hear if anyone has any similar experience as starting to get suspicious this is an elaborate scam to get details via the appraisal site. Too good to be true?

Cheers,

Astute

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK
Don't pay for anything, or exchange any details anywhere. If they want something, they can cover any costs. I call BS.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
. The thread mentions a cheap website to get appraisals but I cannot find anything about the company offering the service.

Because the appraisal is the con. There are no domain buyers. No one wants your domain.

If you con 100 people into thinking they can get $500 for some bad domain (my-great-domain-1230.com) based on the requirement that they get a cheap appraisal at $29.95 because "the buyer required it" -- the con artists make nearly $3k. A great scammy moneymaker when ultimately there are no domain buyers, just wannabe sellers buying fake appraisals to appease a would-be buyer.

Other than real estate, there should be no costs to sell anything. The buyer pays for everything. If the scammer wants an appraisal, tell him to pay for it himself or pound sand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.