What's new

Doing what it takes to join the fast lane.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

MilSpec79

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
13
Location
Valley Falls, NY
Rep Bank
$155
User Power: 23%
Greetings,

I was very excited when I read MJ's book. You may not like how I ended up finding your book though! My wife was watching a financial episode on Dr. Phil and they had a bunch of people that were in financial distress. His guest was a self-proclaimed "money expert", Loral Langemeier, that was there to swoop in and solve their problems. The hook was out and it was heading for my wife. I said wait a minute...not so fast. I looked up her books on amazon and they all got mixed reviews. Apparently she makes no bones about admitting that her books are nothing more than brochures for her seminars. More guru crap!

This prompted me to look for other financial advice books. I saw yours on amazon with 65 5-star reviews, and nothing less than a 5-star review. I downloaded it to my Kindle and it has already changed my life. No really! Let me explain:

I am 31 years old and admittedly have thoroughly lived the sidewalk life.
As I was reading the description of the sidewalk...I said "holy crap, that was me...I was such a loser!"
Then I read the slow lane chapters...and I said "holy crap, that IS me...I am such a loser!"
Then I read the rest of the book about living in the fast lane...and I said "holy crap, that is who I am going to be!"

I have been in the military since I was 17. My career field is stagnant for promotions and the bad economy has even hit the military to the point where we have to not only hold up people from promotion, but take away rank from some people if they want to stay in. That is a huge pay cut for anyone! After reading your book I said enough is enough. I can't take it anymore!

I was enrolled in an online college for a Bachelor's degree in Space Studies. After reading your book, I withdrew from that course of study to pursue the Bachelor's in Business Administration for Entrepreneurial and Small Business. I figured that since the military is paying for it anyway, I might as well learn what I need to learn to get on the fast lane on their dime. Space studies was not fast lane.

I also took it upon my self to start to learn how to write code for websites. I was teaching myself HTML last night (very easy by the way). I plan on learning the major languages like CSS, Javascript, and PHP as well. I want to learn how to make apps for smart phones because I have some very good ideas that solve problems and haven't been done yet. Plus there are some crappy apps out there that I think I could improve upon. I've read that it is easier to learn to code for websites, so I figured I'd start there and work my way up to apps.

This all happened this week by the way. Your book was like flipping a switch. I've set a goal to learn a new skill by the end of each month that will help to get me on the fast lane; and I've challenged my wife to do the same.

My wife and I come from families that are die-hard slowlaners, and have some family and friends that are sidewalkers...or worse. My father has worked for the post office for 32 years and is facing forceful retirement, or taking a position that he will hate for the next 2 years. I told him to take the early retirement offer and get on the fast lane. He isn't convinced; but he hasn't read the whole book yet. I am hoping that he will come around and realize that it isn't too late.

All I can say is, thank you MJ, for turning on the street lights to the fast lane. You have done your part, now it is time to do mine.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni! O en sidipvmz sivosif gsun vji Esnz epf emtu e pixcoi jisi. Vjepl zua gus zuas tiswodi epf ov't huuf vu jewi epuvjis csuvjis op esnt jisi vu kuop vjot hsiev dsuxf. Vji cuul emtu djephif ni, epf O juqi vu deqovemobi up 23 ziest ug djemmiphoph iyqisoipdi op hivvoph vu vji Getvmepi (epf jimqoph uvjist). Djiist.
 
Xux! Xjev ep opvsu!!! Tu iydovoph vjev zua esi veloph opdsifocmi edvoup!

O xepv vu miesp jux vu neli eqqt gus tnesv qjupit cideati O jewi tuni wisz huuf ofiet vjev tumwi qsucmint epf jewip'v ciip fupi ziv

Getvmepi!
 
Exituni opvsu! Muult moli zua'si jiefoph op e tonomes fosidvoup vu xjev O (gopemmz) en vuu - vjisi't tu nadj tvomm uqip op vji nucomi eqq goimf!
 
Ximduni epf duphsevt. Vji nomovesz nez ci op vji I raefsepv epf tmuxmepi et ges et ep edvaem kuc, cav ov fuit uggis zua vji ecomovz vu ci ecmi vu dupdipvsevi epf edv up zuas getvmepi ofiet emuph xovj e tviefz epf tumof opduni gus e tiv qisouf ug voni. Ati vjev voni gus vji qsuditt.
 
O emtu vuul ov aqup nz timg vu tvesv vu miesp jux vu xsovi dufi gus xictovit. O xet viedjoph nztimg JVNM metv pohjv (wisz ietz cz vji xez). O qmep up miespoph vji nekus mephaehit moli DTT, Kewetdsoqv, epf QJQ et ximm. O xepv vu miesp jux vu neli eqqt gus tnesv qjupit cideati O jewi tuni wisz huuf ofiet vjev tumwi qsucmint epf jewip'v ciip fupi ziv. Qmat vjisi esi tuni dseqqz eqqt uav vjisi vjev O vjopl O duamf onqsuwi aqup. O'wi sief vjev ov ot ietois vu miesp vu dufi gus xictovit, tu O gohasif O'f tvesv vjisi epf xusl nz xez aq vu eqqt.

Zua dep tvomm neli 'eqqt' xovj JVNM\DTT\KT hsepvif djeshoph cidunit foggodamv, topdi epzupi xomm hiv vji tuasdi. Tuni qjupit emmux dedjoph ug qehit uggmopi tu atoph vji ecuwi zua dep xusl katv moli e pevowi eqq. Pux, vjisi esi foggisipdit, cav O vjopl ov'f ci e hsiev xez gus zua vu hiv nusi dungusvecmi xovj ov emtu. Zua'f ci ecmi vu tii ev-mietv og zuas HAO giimt pevasem epf xjev puv raovi raodlmz op dunqesotup vu atoph Uckidvowi-D. Vjisi esi emtu gsenixuslt moli Tipdje vu jimq tqiif vjev aq vuu!

Vjisi esi tuni monovevoupt dunqesif vu Uckidvowi-D eqqt, cav ov't e hsiev xez vu hiv tvesvif tvomm!
 
Vjepl zua emm gus vji dunnipvt epf vji xesn ximduni.

Vjeplt gus vji quopvist Odz. O jewi tuni qsuhsennoph iyqisoipdi xovj D epf D++. O guapf D vu ci sevjis foggodamv vu ati vjuahj. D++ xet e cov ietois. JVNM ot emnutv moli vemloph vu zuas dunqavis op dunqesotup. O katv huvve liiq miespoph.
 
Huuf madl... Us xusl tnesv epf zua xupv piif madl.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom