The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing a 4 day fast to get all the nonsense out

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
You think your eating healthy but your not. Sure tell yourself having ketchup is just ketchup or thy even sriracha hat has 1 gran of carb per serving (bullshit) is healthy. Tell yourself that the zero calorie Powerade is fine.

I eat healthier than 99% of people but even I have weak points where I tell myself that stevia or half and half is no problem. I tell myself that sushi is okay and that a little protein bar won’t hurt anyone. Well no more.

I am doing a 4 day fast to get rid of all the nonsense in my body. All the artificial sweeteners and colors. All the excess sugar. From now on I will only eat things Nature has made for me. There is a fast lane for health too not just wealth. Why settle for mediocre results. A little bit of pain for a lifetime of satisfactory and good health.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
When are you starting the fast? Funny I was just planning a 3 day fast. I have been strict keto for ages but lately I have been messing up in my diet by letting in a bunch of junk, similar to what you said in your post.

Are you going to do water only? Coffee? Do you allow any supplements like electrolytes during the fast?

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
When are you starting the fast? Funny I was just planning a 3 day fast. I have been strict keto for ages but lately I have been messing up in my diet by letting in a bunch of junk, similar to what you said in your post.

Are you going to do water only? Coffee? Do you allow any supplements like electrolytes during the fast?
Coffee and water. Maybe collagen but not likely. No electrolytes. I think everyone should do a three day fasts for physical detoxification and building mental strength. I’ve dont a long fast before and felt so mentally clear and healthy.
Call it bro science but I think the reason you feel so alert on a fast is because your body thinks it’s starbing so it gives you access to more of your mental faculties.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
As mentioned in the other thread, @Sander and I are doing a 3-day fast starting on Wednesday (last meal on Tuesday, the next one on Saturday). Water only, no tea or coffee. Perhaps we can start on the same day?

Also, I encourage you to skip coffee, too. You want to reset your mind and body, and caffeine will interfere with that. Also, maybe it doesn't have such an effect on you, but I get crazy jitters if I consume caffeine (tea, as I don't drink coffee) after more than 24 hours of fasting.

Last edited:

brockzilla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 2, 2013
Funny you mentioned this...the wife and I are about to jump into a 7 day fast...actually she'll a 10 day fast but I will do a 7-day one. My longest fast has been 4 days so we'll see how it goes!!

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
As mentioned in the other thread, @Sander and I are doing a 3-day fast starting on Wednesday (last meal on Tuesday, the next one on Saturday). Water only, no tea or coffee. Perhaps we can start on the same day?

Also, I encourage you to skip coffee, too. You want to reset your mind and body, and caffeine will interfere with that. Also, maybe it doesn't have such an effect on you, but I get crazy jitters if I consume caffeine (tea, as I don't drink coffee) after more than 24 hours of fasting.
Going to start tomorrow. I’ll try to hold off on the coffee but if it gets bad I’d rather reach for that then break my promise.

This will also teach you self awareness. Most people use FOId as a way to escape life and their own problems. I used to do that. No more. Time to man up and eat like an adult.

I’m god damn serious about this. My diet will ONLY consist of eggs, salmon, blueberries, broccoli, kale, spinach, coconut oil, and avocados.

I’m also 23 so I know in 20 years when I’m looking for a wife to marry I’ll marry an equivalent girl. Though I must admit it will be hard as I don’t think 99% of people will do this.

One book not mentioned a lot is the book the slight edge. I’m doing this diet because of that book as it is so true. Everything good takes TIME. Time will either expose you or promote you. Let’s nkt let our health deteriorate. I look at Everytime I eat bad food I am giving money to greedy people (though idk there movies).

I also use motivation that everytime I eat bad food my ex wins and the people that F*cked me over win. Stupid but hey it works for me and always gets me amped up.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Just had a whole bag of bbq kettle chips as my final stamp of eating bad food. Never ate a whole bag of chips before and has always been a fantasy of mine. I've done a whole pizza, a whole tub of ice cream, a dozen donuts, a shit ton of sushi, donkatsu, a lot of cookies, and a whole other junk.
(I am not obese btw haha. I consider myself fit (167 at 5'10 bench: 345 deadlift:495 squat:365) but I KNOW if I actually took it seriously I can be amazing.)

I am putting emphasis on this as I find that the more I improve, the better the world becomes. It may not even be better but the fact that I view it as better means that it is changing. Since I think the world is better, I treat people better and treat MYSELF better which leads to an upward spiral of awesomeness which I think the world can end up like after we are all gone. Lets do this together boys!

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Funny you mentioned this...the wife and I are about to jump into a 7 day fast...actually she'll a 10 day fast but I will do a 7-day one. My longest fast has been 4 days so we'll see how it goes!!
I may actually join you on a 7day fast in the near future if you would like to do it together. @MTF and @Sander if you all want to do it at the same time and keep each other accountable?

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
I may actually join you on a 7day fast in the near future if you would like to do it together. @MTF and @Sander if you all want to do it at the same time and keep each other accountable?

I don't know how often you want to be fasting @MTF, but after this 3-day fasting, maybe we could do the 7 days in a month or so?

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
Just had a whole bag of bbq kettle chips as my final stamp of eating bad food. Never ate a whole bag of chips before and has always been a fantasy of mine. I've done a whole pizza, a whole tub of ice cream, a dozen donuts, a shit ton of sushi, donkatsu, a lot of cookies, and a whole other junk.
(I am not obese btw haha. I consider myself fit (167 at 5'10 bench: 345 deadlift:495 squat:365) but I KNOW if I actually took it seriously I can be amazing.)

I am putting emphasis on this as I find that the more I improve, the better the world becomes. It may not even be better but the fact that I view it as better means that it is changing. Since I think the world is better, I treat people better and treat MYSELF better which leads to an upward spiral of awesomeness which I think the world can end up like after we are all gone. Lets do this together boys!

Before fasting you have to prepare your body for the fast, a whole bag of chips wasnt a good choice. Try to eat some fruits and veggies before you start your fast.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
I don't know how often you want to be fasting @MTF, but after this 3-day fasting, maybe we could do the 7 days in a month or so?

Not sure about a longer one yet as this would probably interfere with my workout routine too much. We'll see how this one goes.

Posted a general thread for anyone interested in longer fasting:

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018

Going to extend this to a 5 day fast so I will end when you guys end.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
This is awesome!

I was once talking to a colleague and he actually explained to me the science behind eating healthy and why its the absolutely necessary step incase you want to loose fat & weight.

Now, after reading that you might think: "uhm.. Duh. Ofcourse you need to eat healthy in order to loose weight". Well... sure, I definitely believe that in the end of the day its all defined by 1st law of Thermodynamics: Body weight = Current weight + Added Calories (what you eat) - Lost Calories (what you burn).

However, one significant thing which happens in your body according to my colleague:

Once you start eating healthy for at least a couple of days in a row, the detoxifying organs in your body are given much more room to breathe.

THATS RIGHT: Since your liver is not busy handling all the new shit and toxins you are putting into your body anymore, now your liver actually has the capabilities to support you in your actual GOAL: loosing weight by burning excess fat. The liver does this by starting to tackle all the shitty toxins stored in fat which you already had from before you started your diet. By Tackling those toxins, the fat which stores them is also attacked and therefore your body starts to remove it quicker in total.

Idk how accurate all of the science behind this is, but eating healthy definitely wont hurt you! :)

Best,
Champion

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
Im glad you mentioned this and made a topic on this....

In 2019 I made more stricter mods to my eating habits. I do intermittent fasting everyday. Min of 16-18 hours. Every other day or two days I switch to vegetarian. When im not doing that Im ensured to have a balanced meal. Organic, grass fed meats Steak, ground beef, turkey,chicken. Sockeye or Kings Salmon. Eaten with some kind of veggie broccoli, brussel sprouts, greens, asparagus, etc..... sometimes paired with a sweet potato or baked potato or quinoa. Lastly, I use one to two days to fast. Every week. Min of 24 hours to 48 hours fasting. Water only. When I com off the fast I switch to Vegetarian taking it easy that day. Not to mention I hit the gym 3-4 times a week for strength training and maintain a lean muscle mass. Run 3-4 miles every time Im at the gym....I feel much healthier now than when I was younger. Im 6'4 188lbs

Eating healthy is for mental clarity and physically rewarding. We must put high octane gas in our cars to operate at max efficiency.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Going to add in a mandatory one hour of any type of cardio first thing in the morning. Time to get my life handled in the most amazing of ways. Habits are the key.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.