The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Scarcity always increase sales?

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I like the idea of scarcity but do not see any legitimate way to create it for my service/product. Maybe i can cause scarcity through pricing but not through product or service. I think MJ was doing it with his book but when you have a product you can say we only have a limited amount etc. How could someone like linkedin create scarcity... do they need to?

If i pick some sort of scarcity program to use during selling i want to stick to it, and not be shy of it because it seems fabricated, should i just leave it out although i think its a great selling tool...?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
Real scarcity does.

False, induced scarcity (50 e-books remaining until tomorrow at 24:00) no.

If you have only one iPhone in your stock, you can sell it for a higher price, faster.

If you have 1000, it has become an commodity.

Razvan

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
For something like linked in you don't need to use scarcity, you need to focus on the Viral coefficient of K which is a fancy way of saying you need everyone who joins to bring a friend too.

I'd also like to point out that "false" scarcity works extremely well as long as you honor your previous cut off point. If you say 300 digital copies only then it's gone forever, make sure it's gone forever after 300 copies. For example for my squeeze page here Mens Underwear Sale -Grab Mens Socks + More. It's Time For a Fresh Pair. I could tech give away pre-launch discounts to everyone, however I want the cut off to be 1,000 because it works really well numbers wise for me and I will honor it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.