The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone own a successful R.E brokerage or R.E team ?

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Hey Guys,
I have a question for you, I have had a real estate team with 5 agents for the past 6-8 months. I have been having a little trouble getting them leads, my goal is to get them all going and making solid 2-4 sales a month. Only 2 are making 2 sales a month and the leads all come from their circle of influence (Mostly by posting on instagram, facebook, and snapchat)

I wanted to see if anyone owns a successful real estate brokerage or real estate team here in the forum. If you do how do you get your leads ? Where do you market ? As you may know there is a ton of marketing companies out there telling you they have leads etc. There is direct mail, there is zillow, there is pay per click, there is facebook ads.

I have tried facebook ads and leads are no good, I have tried hiring virtual assistants posting constantly on facebook groups and leads are no good (I do get 6-8 leads from there, but people all have low fico score or they have too much debt)

What type of marketing do you do ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Hey Guys,
I have a question for you, I have had a real estate team with 5 agents for the past 6-8 months. I have been having a little trouble getting them leads, my goal is to get them all going and making solid 2-4 sales a month. Only 2 are making 2 sales a month and the leads all come from their circle of influence (Mostly by posting on instagram, facebook, and snapchat)

I wanted to see if anyone owns a successful real estate brokerage or real estate team here in the forum. If you do how do you get your leads ? Where do you market ? As you may know there is a ton of marketing companies out there telling you they have leads etc. There is direct mail, there is zillow, there is pay per click, there is facebook ads.

I have tried facebook ads and leads are no good, I have tried hiring virtual assistants posting constantly on facebook groups and leads are no good (I do get 6-8 leads from there, but people all have low fico score or they have too much debt)

What type of marketing do you do ?
Dude, you are doing it all wrong. My wife has no trouble generating leads. Pey per click, FB, Zillow, Realtor.com - a bit of everything. Got to spend some money, though

LTL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 16, 2012
Try getting in touch with wedding planners and holding first home buyer seminars with flyers to apartment buildings.

Your cost will drop significantly and you'll get better leads

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Try getting in touch with wedding planners and holding first home buyer seminars with flyers to apartment buildings.

What do wedding planners have to do with it?

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY

Just a guess but I think it has something to do with the very scripted life most people live. You get married, buy a house, and have kids and most of the time it's in that order. Most people who are engaged are thinking about buying a house either before they are married or not long after they are married so they can start a family.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Just a guess but I think it has something to do with the very scripted life most people live. You get married, buy a house, and have kids and most of the time it's in that order. Most people who are engaged are thinking about buying a house either before they are married or not long after they are married so they can start a family.

Ah - I see. Thanks for the insight.

That didn't make sense to me because even when I was directly in the wedding business, I did not work with planners, and they never reached out to work with me. I did wedding videos.

For some reason, it never occurred to either of us to network together. I was fully booked and turned a good amount of business away, so I never felt the need for collaborating with anyone.

Nowadays, in real estate, the internet is king. I still prefer to market directly to "the source" which, thanks to the internet, is easier and more effective than ever.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

Thank you very much for this tip, is this what you target ?

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Dude, you are doing it all wrong. My wife has no trouble generating leads. Pey per click, FB, Zillow, Realtor.com - a bit of everything. Got to spend some money, though

Thank you very much for the response, I will start looking into one of these.

LTL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 16, 2012

A strategic partner because they service newly wed couples.

Thank you very much for this tip, is this what you target ?

First time buyers ? Not anymore but I've done it in the past.

It's up to you, internet leads do provide scale so if you have the budget
and mediabuying skills, go for it .I've found offline leads to be higher
quality and more cost effective especially if you get creative.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
The "team" I'm on (I use that term loosely) just started spending money on FB and AdWords. The leads go to our lead generating home search site. We use Commissions Inc to structure it and gather the data. The leads kind of suck and are all over the place. It's buyer leads with some possible seller leads in there. So, with buyer leads you're going after buyers... just like everyone other agent in your area. I'm starting to think I shouldn't participate in it anymore. They don't answer the phone, text, or email. Completely ignore you.

For 2019, I'm probably going to shift heavy into SOI, farming, and try to get new referral sources. Also, all of my marketing/prospecting will be seller based. I'm tired of dealing with buyer bullshit. The only reliable buyers I've had in the last 3 years were friends/family. But I digress.

I am coming to Scottsdale in November and would love to meet up and talk business. I don't think Tempe is too far from Scottsdale.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
The "team" I'm on (I use that term loosely) just started spending money on FB and AdWords. The leads go to our lead generating home search site. We use Commissions Inc to structure it and gather the data. The leads kind of suck and are all over the place. It's buyer leads with some possible seller leads in there. So, with buyer leads you're going after buyers... just like everyone other agent in your area. I'm starting to think I shouldn't participate in it anymore. They don't answer the phone, text, or email. Completely ignore you.

For 2019, I'm probably going to shift heavy into SOI, farming, and try to get new referral sources. Also, all of my marketing/prospecting will be seller based. I'm tired of dealing with buyer bullshit. The only reliable buyers I've had in the last 3 years were friends/family. But I digress.

I am coming to Scottsdale in November and would love to meet up and talk business. I don't think Tempe is too far from Scottsdale.

Hello Dustin,
We do Commissions Inc as well and so far I have not closed anyone from CINC, but I do admit we have not been to aggressive on the follow up, I am in process of having a telemarketer do all of that. I was having my agents cold call them but tell you the truth agents dont like cold calling, so I will just hire an in house telemarketer (I have tried hiring virtual telemarketers but they require a ton of time to train and stay on top that they are doing the followup) On the other hand if it is an in house telemarketer we can see what they are doing and train them better.

We also do radio and that works as well, but again it is all on the follow up. We deal with buyer leads the most as well right now, it all comes down to training the buyers and setting expectations. I have a buyers packet and tell them this is what I expect from you. Much of the stuff is like: Do not send me homes from Zillow or any online websites only see the ones I send you, we will not submit offers below market value because sellers still need to pay a 10% or so in total fees to sell the house, unless the house has been sitting on the market then we will submit offer below market (Before we submit an offer below market value we always call to make verbal offer there and then when we have our clients at the property they like) The last thing we want to do is go to the office sit down take an hour to send the offer, wait another few hours just to find out that the offer was rejected or counter offered and waste everyone's time.

Yes I would love to meet, send me a private message lets link up

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Hello Dustin,
We do Commissions Inc as well and so far I have not closed anyone from CINC, but I do admit we have not been to aggressive on the follow up, I am in process of having a telemarketer do all of that. I was having my agents cold call them but tell you the truth agents dont like cold calling, so I will just hire an in house telemarketer (I have tried hiring virtual telemarketers but they require a ton of time to train and stay on top that they are doing the followup) On the other hand if it is an in house telemarketer we can see what they are doing and train them better.

We also do radio and that works as well, but again it is all on the follow up. We deal with buyer leads the most as well right now, it all comes down to training the buyers and setting expectations. I have a buyers packet and tell them this is what I expect from you. Much of the stuff is like: Do not send me homes from Zillow or any online websites only see the ones I send you, we will not submit offers below market value because sellers still need to pay a 10% or so in total fees to sell the house, unless the house has been sitting on the market then we will submit offer below market (Before we submit an offer below market value we always call to make verbal offer there and then when we have our clients at the property they like) The last thing we want to do is go to the office sit down take an hour to send the offer, wait another few hours just to find out that the offer was rejected or counter offered and waste everyone's time.

Yes I would love to meet, send me a private message lets link up

I would be interested in hearing about radio. I have some good resources for structuring your ISA I could share with you.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I would be interested in hearing about radio. I have some good resources for structuring your ISA I could share with you.

See you soon brother

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.