The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you think moving to the USA is worth it?

Idea threads

Lukas WJ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 13, 2021
Hey,
Im living in germany and play for a long time with the thought to move to the USA or Canada.
I think Germany is a paradies for employess, but horrible for entrepreneurs. And i think the desire to research and starting a company is stronger in the USA/ Canada bc of the people.

What to you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
Hey,
Im living in germany and play for a long time with the thought to move to the USA or Canada.
I think Germany is a paradies for employess, but horrible for entrepreneurs. And i think the desire to research and starting a company is stronger in the USA/ Canada bc of the people.

What to you think?
USA cost of living is higher, and is only going up. Keep that in mind in terms of being able to actually invest money in your business to get it off the ground

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Are you aware how hard it is to move to the US?

This question is a waste of time if you think you can just pack your stuff and simply go live there.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hey,

What to you think?
No way. Don’t.

You have a European passport. You have lots of countries much closer that have various things to offer. You have to decide what’s important to you and pick a compromise. A compromise that is more than likely better than the USA.

Everywhere sucks. Once you understand that, you can move on and do what you can do to make your life better and move if it suits your clear headed needs.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
One more point to add: if you're starting an online business, it makes zero sense to move elsewhere just to run it (unless you're aiming to become a Silicon Valley unicorn or live in a country terrible for online entrepreneurs without access to payment processors).

You can run a global business from Germany without any problems.

And if you're starting an offline business, it's often actually easier to excel in your home country because you can copy what's working in the US and it'll most likely work well with much less competition.

Germany is a huge market and an even larger one if you add other German-speaking countries. You also probably understand the regulations and taxation system way better than the US/Canada one. And you may actually pay MORE taxes there than in Germany.

Don't seek greener pastures if you haven't even tried what your place has to offer. If it sucks, you can always incorporate elsewhere in the future.

For now, just get started and focus on building a business instead of wasting time seeking the best conditions. Don't be like a guy who wants to start running but won't do it until he lives in the greatest place for runners and gets the best running gear.

Lukas WJ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 13, 2021
Are you aware how hard it is to move to the US?

This question is a waste of time if you think you can just pack your stuff and simply go live there.
I think there are a lot harder thinks on earth then moving to another country ;)

MexicanCreator48

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Feb 14, 2022
Mexico
I agree the same in the case of my country. It sucks regarding how government tends to mistreat businesses and even organized crime will try to steal off your money if you aren't careful enough. Being an employee is no better you get low wages even if you have a degree and with that money you will have to wait a lot of years before buying something big.

I also want to move to the US because of better business laws and faster incorporation. Here in Mexico, it takes too long to incorporate your business.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
It depends on many factors, but you do not mention any, so it is impossible to give a good answer. Low effort question leads to low effort responses.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I've been thinking of something similar, going to spain and get the nationality and european passport, I just don't know where would I setle with it. Geo politically I see Argentina as a nice place far away from conflict and lots of food. So IDK. Probably as a European would be easier to settle in USA or pretty much anywhere It would be easier I think.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Have you considered the UK? Still "Europe", it's easy to open a company (took me <24h), and taxes are not as crazy as in other European countries. Healthcare has gone from one of the best to south, but still have some without needing to be rich.

Manfern

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 7, 2013
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Well looks like Americans still don't like immigrants:)
Read some book which tells that people outside of country can do better business there cause they are less afraid of change, ready to take more risks and not too attached to current way of being.

MJ in MF book wrote that he moved to new city, it can work if you feel stuck and afraid to leave your comfort zone.
Heaven for employees, looks like it's path of least resistance there to get a job and still I know a lot of people from Germany that are self-employed, so it's limiting beliefs and your social circle that influence your mindset.
UK is too expensive, Czech Republic looks very attractive and close to Germany too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.