The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to prove advertising with you is worth it.

amk

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 18, 2014
I'm wondering about the legality of listing/recommending companies/services/venues on my site before having permission to do so.

Example (this is not real, set aside the fact that it's not a good idea):

I have a fake site that's focus is to list the specials at local golf courses. I buy traffic, and users register by entering their location. With their location, I suggest a list of courses based on their specials (Course A offers 20% off on Saturday, Course B offers free club rental between certain hours, etc). Lets say for some stupid reason users must click a button, "I'm going to go golf here thanks to this site," that proves they at least planned on going to this specific course.

Without permission: Is it legal to do this? Legal to use their logo? Legal to link to their site? Legal to list their special?

If you have proof people are taking advantage of these specials thanks to your site, what would a good way be to approach Course A and Course B without sounding threatening (pay us to advertise or we're not going to maintain your list of specials any more, and you're going to lose all these customers...).

The site would lose value by not offering popular specials, but not all golf courses are going to want to pay to advertise. Do you legally have to differentiate between paid listings and not? If so, I could see Course A getting upset that they're paying a fee while they can plainly see Course B is not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.