The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do You still believe in the Slowlane?

Anything related to matters of the mind

_Seba_

AAA
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 24, 2015
Germany
In the last days I read again The Millionaire Fastlane because I repeatedly struggled with a Slowlane mentality. I was still struggling with the right mentality since there are many successful slowlaners around me preaching the benefits of the corporate world.

At one point of the book MJ is talking about the Wealth Acceleration Factor. When I read about this, I made a thought experiment that I want to share with you:

Put the case that you're working from your 20th to your 60th year of life. That are 40 years, or 480 months in which you have the potential to raise your asset (except investments).

Let's say you have an average net growth of $1000/month after taxes and cost of living.

Now you can multiply 480 months of possible income by a growth rate of $1,000 a month, which means

480 x 1,000 = 480,000

$480,000
After 40 years of work.
At the age of 60.

And now compare this result to your dreams. Do you still believe in the Slowlane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
No.
The slowlane is modern day slavery.
1. For a starter job out of college you require experience. Sure as hell it won't come from miserable internships do crap-jobs that have no relation to the Fastlane. Most jobs anyway consist of repeating unprofitable steps. I see a lot of them, doing the same old crappy paperwork, taking the same old coffee break and meeting the same old people. What a sad and miserable life!

2. In jobs you are dictated in everything you do. If you go Fastlane, like Mark Cuban who tried to pep up sales via customer relationship, you can get fired. In the Fastlane, you can do whatever the hell you want and you can even get paid for it at the height of your power.

3. The pay is fixed based on seniority or experience, and I'm not in the mood to do office politicking, it shortens my lifespan and very unproductive. I would rather have everyone working their asses off to put a smile on that customer. In the Fastlane, nobody cares as long we fulfill their wishes like a genie. And you get freaking paid even more.

4. I could go on and on, but here's one thing I have to say. You know those investment gurus who pride in 'invest for the long term for retirement'? Biggest joke ever. Retirement means death. How in the hell can I enjoy life in a wheelchair or in comatose? I might as well get an AMD. Retirement means game over. And its absurd. Retirement is the stage at which people are too broken physically and mentally from the disappointments of the Slowlane. All those horrible coffee breaks, those cheap ramens, those nasty politics....

Retirement is a joke in the Fastlane. In the Slowlane, they have no control over health and wealth. Here, we can have it. We don't use time to get money, so we are not exposed to Slowlane abuse. Thus our sanity and health is mantained. And we live longer, with the cash to do so. So, why retire? Even MJ isn't considered retired in the strictest sense. He's holding back the hordes of the Slowlane/Sidewalk demons by getting us to pick our miserable asses up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.