The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you have to be a US citizen to be able to purchase stock?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
Quick question guys. I'm from a developing Caribbean country and our stock market sucks. Having read to the end of Unscripted where it speaks of capital rental via stock investments as a (relatively) passive vehicle, I'm wondering if I'll be able to buy US stock as a non-US citizen. Thanks for any insight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Quick question guys. I'm from a developing Caribbean country and our stock market sucks. Having read to the end of Unscripted where it speaks of capital rental via stock investments as a (relatively) passive vehicle, I'm wondering if I'll be able to buy US stock as a non-US citizen. Thanks for any insight.

Yes, you should be able to.

In order to buy US securities as a non-US citizen, you need to fill out a W-8 BEN form and give it to your stock broker.

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
Yes you can. You need to find a trading platform/broker that is active in your market. If none are active start one! That’s some real fastlane money right there :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.