The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Selling on Fiverr - does it have to be a gig?

LiveFire

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 17, 2017
Knoxville, TN Area
Moderator: I meant to put this in the Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping

Hi All,

I am beginning to take some baby steps on execution. I realized that aside from working a job, I don't believe I know truly how to make 1 cent online without some serious development and starting point. I have to begin to learn and see what the result would be.

I have been looking through Fiverr lately just to see what people are interested in and what gigs may entail. I notice that there is an element that the person selling the gig (directly or indirectly by using other people's time) gives the benefit of personalization, but could be time consuming. For $x dollars, I will do this for y amount of time.

When I was going through to consider what I could do, I noticed that I would be trading time for money fo every gig if I had to relay it personally by voice or video, and didn't like the concept as it is not something automated or close to being automated without a lot of time investment.

Over the years, I have some techniques that I developed that I wanted to package up and sell in the format of a .pdf document format and provide through digital delivery.

As an example, am I able to on Fiverr to offer for $5 that I will provide you with "<this pdf on these techniques that do.....> and essentially have the pdf emailed via delivery in that way? Or does Fiverr actually require you to perform a "gig" that cannot be packaged up like that? If they buy, can I just deliver content electronically?

Thanks,
LF

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
LiveFire

LiveFire

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 17, 2017
Knoxville, TN Area
I wouldn't say it is an ebook. It is a technique, which is why I am asking the question. Instead of performing the "gig", I am selling the technique for the buyer to implement. Can it work in that setting? People are always wanting the "how", so I provide the technique of "how".

Regardless of the content, I am trying to determine whether I can take it to Fiverr which all gigs start off with, "I will do this..." or "I will provide this...". What I have to offer is tangible when applied. In this case mine would be, "I will show you how..."

You're trying to sell an ebook on Fiverr. That's not going to work.

kelvinfernandezm

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 26, 2016
Fort Worth, Texas
I wouldn't say it is an ebook. It is a technique, which is why I am asking the question. Instead of performing the "gig", I am selling the technique for the buyer to implement. Can it work in that setting? People are always wanting the "how", so I provide the technique of "how".

Regardless of the content, I am trying to determine whether I can take it to Fiverr which all gigs start off with, "I will do this..." or "I will provide this...". What I have to offer is tangible when applied. In this case mine would be, "I will show you how..."
However you want to worded it's still an ebook. You're trying to sell an informational product. To answer your first question no Fiverr does not allow that. If they did everyone would already have their how to books for sale there.

OP
OP
LiveFire

LiveFire

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 17, 2017
Knoxville, TN Area
However you want to worded it's still an ebook. You're trying to sell an informational product. To answer your first question no Fiverr does not allow that. If they did everyone would already have their how to books for sale there.
In that case, are there suggested sites that you know of that would allow it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom