The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling on Fiverr - does it have to be a gig?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
Moderator: I meant to put this in the Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping

Hi All,

I am beginning to take some baby steps on execution. I realized that aside from working a job, I don't believe I know truly how to make 1 cent online without some serious development and starting point. I have to begin to learn and see what the result would be.

I have been looking through Fiverr lately just to see what people are interested in and what gigs may entail. I notice that there is an element that the person selling the gig (directly or indirectly by using other people's time) gives the benefit of personalization, but could be time consuming. For $x dollars, I will do this for y amount of time.

When I was going through to consider what I could do, I noticed that I would be trading time for money fo every gig if I had to relay it personally by voice or video, and didn't like the concept as it is not something automated or close to being automated without a lot of time investment.

Over the years, I have some techniques that I developed that I wanted to package up and sell in the format of a .pdf document format and provide through digital delivery.

As an example, am I able to on Fiverr to offer for $5 that I will provide you with "<this pdf on these techniques that do.....> and essentially have the pdf emailed via delivery in that way? Or does Fiverr actually require you to perform a "gig" that cannot be packaged up like that? If they buy, can I just deliver content electronically?

Thanks,
LF

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
You're trying to sell an ebook on Fiverr. That's not going to work.

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
I wouldn't say it is an ebook. It is a technique, which is why I am asking the question. Instead of performing the "gig", I am selling the technique for the buyer to implement. Can it work in that setting? People are always wanting the "how", so I provide the technique of "how".

Regardless of the content, I am trying to determine whether I can take it to Fiverr which all gigs start off with, "I will do this..." or "I will provide this...". What I have to offer is tangible when applied. In this case mine would be, "I will show you how..."

You're trying to sell an ebook on Fiverr. That's not going to work.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I wouldn't say it is an ebook. It is a technique, which is why I am asking the question. Instead of performing the "gig", I am selling the technique for the buyer to implement. Can it work in that setting? People are always wanting the "how", so I provide the technique of "how".

Regardless of the content, I am trying to determine whether I can take it to Fiverr which all gigs start off with, "I will do this..." or "I will provide this...". What I have to offer is tangible when applied. In this case mine would be, "I will show you how..."
However you want to worded it's still an ebook. You're trying to sell an informational product. To answer your first question no Fiverr does not allow that. If they did everyone would already have their how to books for sale there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
However you want to worded it's still an ebook. You're trying to sell an informational product. To answer your first question no Fiverr does not allow that. If they did everyone would already have their how to books for sale there.

In that case, are there suggested sites that you know of that would allow it?

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.