The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you ever fell like you're not gonna make it?

Bruno Lara

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 15, 2016
Brazil
This is not a call for help, it is more like a rant about achieving goals.

It might get a bit long but I will try not to.

Have you felt like you're not gonna make it? I mean, I talk about business frequently, I like everything about it but I still haven't succeeded, and I'm the one to blame for it but I truly believe I am a "businessman".
One main thing that I'd like to talk about here is about our goal, our why. This is what will take you from where you are from where you wanna go but what if you have divergent goals?
Alright, even though I love being anonymous on the internet I will bring it down. Maybe nobody will care and I will delete this position tomorrow but...
I'm Brazilian born and raised and even though I acknowledge that it is a cool place to visit it is by no means a cool place to live. Which brings me to my why. One thing that makes me function is my goal to live permanently in a first world country. Not that I fancy it being easy but life in a first world country is way better as we all know.
I'm currently living in one of those countries - temporarily - and I'm hustling so one day I can be a resident. This is possible but takes time, money and perseverance. This goal of mine is bigger than opening a business (which doesn't mean that my will to be an entrepreneur is low) but I'm constantly questioning myself about it. I mean, I'm getting closer to acquire my residence, I'm educating myself, I'm becoming skilled and improving my language skills so I can be more valuable to the country that I want to immigrate (which are some of the requirements) but I feel like I have it harder. At the moment I'm studying from distance at uni, working full time, I have the house chores and it is difficult to make time and "escape" from my reality to seek my business ventures.
I tried a few things since I first read the Millionaire Fastlane and unscripted and even though I made some bucks nothing came close to a real business.
Last month I was browsing some local websites that were shitty and decided to do something about it. I have tried it back in Brazil last year (with no success) and as I'm studying CS I know how to build websites well. After contacting a few of them with no luck I felt that maybe I should focus on my migration plan (that will take a few more years) and then maybe I do it again.
I know that some of you might be thinking that if I create a successful business I will be able to migrate to virtually any country in the globe but migrating while on the rat race feels more tangible at the moment

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
First off, I honor immigrants and their ability to fight through the struggles. I’m sure it is difficult but I applaud you.

One thing on this forum is clear, everyone wants entrepreneurship but that’s not all there has to be. If the rat race means you get free and get to a first world country faster than get in the rat race and break free of it after you are in a first world country.

Everyone is so absolute, there is nothing wrong with a job short term, especially if it gets you to a first world country faster. Hell, a job even teaches you a lot of skills that will carry over into your own business.

I applaud you regardless though. Keep pushing

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Have you felt like you're not gonna make it? I mean, I talk about business frequently, I like everything about it but I still haven't succeeded, and I'm the one to blame for it but I truly believe I am a "businessman".
One main thing that I'd like to talk about here is about our goal, our why. This is what will take you from where you are from where you wanna go but what if you have divergent goals?
Alright, even though I love being anonymous on the internet I will bring it down. Maybe nobody will care and I will delete this position tomorrow but...
I'm Brazilian born and raised and even though I acknowledge that it is a cool place to visit it is by no means a cool place to live. Which brings me to my why. One thing that makes me function is my goal to live permanently in a first world country. Not that I fancy it being easy but life in a first world country is way better as we all know.
I'm currently living in one of those countries - temporarily - and I'm hustling so one day I can be a resident. This is possible but takes time, money and perseverance. This goal of mine is bigger than opening a business (which doesn't mean that my will to be an entrepreneur is low) but I'm constantly questioning myself about it. I mean, I'm getting closer to acquire my residence, I'm educating myself, I'm becoming skilled and improving my language skills so I can be more valuable to the country that I want to immigrate (which are some of the requirements) but I feel like I have it harder. At the moment I'm studying from distance at uni, working full time, I have the house chores and it is difficult to make time and "escape" from my reality to seek my business ventures.
I tried a few things since I first read the Millionaire Fastlane and unscripted and even though I made some bucks nothing came close to a real business.
Last month I was browsing some local websites that were shitty and decided to do something about it. I have tried it back in Brazil last year (with no success) and as I'm studying CS I know how to build websites well. After contacting a few of them with no luck I felt that maybe I should focus on my migration plan (that will take a few more years) and then maybe I do it again.
I know that some of you might be thinking that if I create a successful business I will be able to migrate to virtually any country in the globe but migrating while on the rat race feels more tangible at the moment
I believe the title of your thread, "I won't make it." , This is a false belief system. While you may think this at times, there's nothing you can't do if you put your mind too it in life. The negative self-talk will hold you back. If you learn to tell yourself more positive things in life, no matter what you face you can overcome in your life. Change your dialogue, change your thoughts, change your emotions, and you will do wonders.

KleanSlate

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 15, 2019

Hey man, this forum popped up in my Google feed, and your post prompted me to create an account.

Entrepreneurship or even owning a small business is not for everyone who has a desire to as the "rat race" is not for everyone. My wife and business partner for years was able to get up at 7 am and commute to work for banks and restaurants...I could never do it. I thought something was wrong with me, but I had a mental block preventing me from doing what she did. However I have never had a problem waking early and working long for my own business. It's just how I'm wired.

My point is this, I don't know which you inherently are, but I do know the path of entrepreneur requires vision. If you can't see it you can't attain it. It also requires resilience, that "fail as much as you can" rhetoric; which I perceive your self described rant to be a part of. You are doing it now believe it or not. This is a part of the journey no matter what Citizenship or Financial State you start in. You have a right to and will undoubtedly doubt yourself, consider changing courses, hit walls, and face insurmountable obstacles...what matters is in the present moment have you given up completely or taking a break for much needed affirmations. Find a vehicle of services or goods that you are as passionate about as you are escaping Brazil, heck any moderately developed 3rd world country has so many problems to solve without reinventing the wheel, you may be better creating a business that serves your local on your way to a first world country. The internet is great, but I still adhere to the old school method of progress, get out, meet people and see how they can mentor you or be assets to whatever business you are building.

I hope this helps!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bruno Lara

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 15, 2016
Brazil
Hey man, this forum popped up in my Google feed, and your post prompted me to create an account.

Entrepreneurship or even owning a small business is not for everyone who has a desire to as the "rat race" is not for everyone. My wife and business partner for years was able to get up at 7 am and commute to work for banks and restaurants...I could never do it. I thought something was wrong with me, but I had a mental block preventing me from doing what she did. However I have never had a problem waking early and working long for my own business. It's just how I'm wired.

My point is this, I don't know which you inherently are, but I do know the path of entrepreneur requires vision. If you can't see it you can't attain it. It also requires resilience, that "fail as much as you can" rhetoric; which I perceive your self described rant to be a part of. You are doing it now believe it or not. This is a part of the journey no matter what Citizenship or Financial State you start in. You have a right to and will undoubtedly doubt yourself, consider changing courses, hit walls, and face insurmountable obstacles...what matters is in the present moment have you given up completely or taking a break for much needed affirmations. Find a vehicle of services or goods that you are as passionate about as you are escaping Brazil, heck any moderately developed 3rd world country has so many problems to solve without reinventing the wheel, you may be better creating a business that serves your local on your way to a first world country. The internet is great, but I still adhere to the old school method of progress, get out, meet people and see how they can mentor you or be assets to whatever business you are building.

I hope this helps!
Wow, wasnt expecting such great reply. Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts with me.
I got your point and I do agree with you. Life sometimes get harder than expected and we might feel powerless. At least that's how I felt when I created this.
I will definitely not give up.
Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, have a good one

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
This is one of the few things I take solace in when struggling lol. I have zero doubt I will achieve my goals. It's a matter of when, not if.

I truly believe that if you are somewhat intelligent, work hard, learn new things and solve hard problems it's just a matter of time. Maybe it's naive but I'm unshakeable in my belief in that and it brings a little smile to my face whenever I think of it. Hopefully it happens before I'm 60 though lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.