- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 2,486
Rep Bank
$5,240
$5,240
User Power: 434%
I read a book the other week that really helped me see where I fit best in the business world. The main concept was this:
Don't try to make yourself better in the areas you lack in, make yourself GREAT in the areas that you are already strong in.
Every month I see a thread on here for people wanting to learn how to program, and a lot of the successful people on here argue that it is more important to learn how to sell. I think there may be a third category here that might be a good role- leadership.
I have spent the first six months on here learning to program. I became good at it, but I couldn't sell. I spent the last 6 months learning to market and sell. After talking to my colleagues, friends, and business partners, I learned that the area I am best in is being an organizer/leader.
There is a thread on here by Jack Edwards that I was reading a couple of months ago that seems to show signs of this as well. I haven't read it recently, but from what I remember: He had a business idea/product or service. He organized and led people to get the systems in place. He hired people who were already great at sales to sell it... and it looks like the success there is being able to organize.
I'd like to hear some peoples feedback on the idea. And before this turns into a conversation of learning to sell or not, that is just a catchy title to get you to read more.... The main thing I'm looking for is the role of being a leader and organizer, and knowing how to outsource the work to those who are already experts.
Don't try to make yourself better in the areas you lack in, make yourself GREAT in the areas that you are already strong in.
Every month I see a thread on here for people wanting to learn how to program, and a lot of the successful people on here argue that it is more important to learn how to sell. I think there may be a third category here that might be a good role- leadership.
I have spent the first six months on here learning to program. I became good at it, but I couldn't sell. I spent the last 6 months learning to market and sell. After talking to my colleagues, friends, and business partners, I learned that the area I am best in is being an organizer/leader.
There is a thread on here by Jack Edwards that I was reading a couple of months ago that seems to show signs of this as well. I haven't read it recently, but from what I remember: He had a business idea/product or service. He organized and led people to get the systems in place. He hired people who were already great at sales to sell it... and it looks like the success there is being able to organize.
I'd like to hear some peoples feedback on the idea. And before this turns into a conversation of learning to sell or not, that is just a catchy title to get you to read more.... The main thing I'm looking for is the role of being a leader and organizer, and knowing how to outsource the work to those who are already experts.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
