The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do Americans eat donuts mostly during start of summer?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I was playing around with Google Trends to see what stuff are trending, and I randomly typed in things that come across my mind.
Then I typed 'donut' and got this graph:

64b3ce4d9d414953eaeaaefb52224891.png

In terms of the graph pattern, this is the most consistent one I've come across on G-Trends. Heck, even the interval of the spikes are the same!
The graph is from 2015 - present, location is in the US. The high spikes are all dated May - Jun.

Does this mean people over there eat donuts most when summer comes?
This is strange, because I thought donuts are non-seasonal and people eat it all year round? Why May / June? What gives?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I eat donuts at all times of the year, but particularly right after work. 6 at a time. It's a horrendous habit, but they are soooo addictive.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Doughnuts are sometimes a part of breakfast, in Canada we got tim hortons, one of my favorite meals is a doughnut, bagel and coffee... hmmmmmm

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California
Im in Socal, I can vouch for surfers who eat lots of donuts. The warmer the weather the more surfers. The more surfers the more donuts consumed. May not correlate in reality, just anecdotal. Either way, now I want donuts

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
From Google.

The only time my family gets donuts is before a family trip of some sort. Fishing, boating, camping etc. People do start making more trips starting then. Who knows.

I guess this pretty much explains it!

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Im in Socal, I can vouch for surfers who eat lots of donuts. The warmer the weather the more surfers. The more surfers the more donuts consumed. May not correlate in reality, just anecdotal. Either way, now I want donuts

Didn't know surfers eat lots of donuts....that's the last thing I expect looking at their fit bodies....

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California
Didn't know surfers eat lots of donuts....that's the last thing I expect looking at their fit bodies....

Longboarders def eat more donuts that short boarders lol.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
*joke incoming

Guys.

You ever watch Survivor? Inevitably one individual on the show starts bringing up food, SWEET food, AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS AND TEMPTING FOOD which then sets off a chain reaction of everyone wanting food.. food they can’t get because they’re on Survivor.

And then do you know what happens?

They hope for the food then wish for the food then....they fail the next challenge.

Moral of the story? If you’re a contestant on Survivor do NOT discuss desserts! Bad things happen. BAD. THINGS.

I’m making like two dozen Belgium waffles tomorrow cuz of this thread already.. have mercy upon my soul and stahppp talking about freaking donuts! Rofl

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California
*joke incoming

Guys.

You ever watch Survivor? Inevitably one individual on the show starts bringing up food, SWEET food, AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS AND TEMPTING FOOD which then sets off a chain reaction of everyone wanting food.. food they can’t get because they’re on Survivor.

They hope for the food then wish for the food then....they fail the next challenge.

Moral of the story? If you’re a contestant on Survivor do NOT discuss desserts! Bad things happen. BAD. THINGS.

I’m making like two dozen Belgium waffles tomorrow cuz of this thread already.. have mercy upon my soul and stahppp talking about freaking donuts! Rofl

hahaha THIS!

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
*joke incoming

Guys.

baked-vanilla-donuts-recipe-5.jpg

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I see why you think this, but you've got it all wrong.

At the beginning of summer, all the kids get out of school. The 16 year olds have just gotten their driver's licenses. Their parents are busy watching Donald Trump speeches and other wonders of modern government, so there is nothing to do.

They have heard about "donuts." It is a maneuver you do with your car. Named for the confection because both are round in shape. You hit the gas like you're trying to break the damned thing with an automatic, or drop the clutch with a manual. Spin the tires on the street. The car spins around and makes donuts on the road. Also lots of smoke and noise. See?

If you think I'm kidding, I'm truly sorry for crushing your dreams about America. This is how dumb we actually are over here. Kids up to the age of 19 or so make donuts in parking lots, driveways, and low-traffic streets. It's a national pass-time. They do it at all hours, but especially 3am. It's what we do over here instead of critical thinking.

That is why you see the spike in google searches. It's the teenagers looking up how to make donuts with their car. Maybe you can sell them an "ultimate donut" reckless driving info-product? You're welcome.

pumpking