The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Diving into the fire!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
Hello ALL! this is me taking action and holding myself accountable in doing what should of been done months ago. Little background.... 21 years old in college going for computer science major, I have a daughter who gave me that extra push for the mentality i have now but very expensive although i have a job that pays decent it does provide me with the opportunities to learn what should be done and shouldn't in business since it is a small time business. I've always been a giver and love helping people doing things such as fixing their computers or phones, installing a POS system for my local haircut place BUT i never made an effort to make money off it (just a kind person that way) until NOW. I learned of this site by a co worker from the time and taught me about selling on eBay and here is where it gets interesting.

I copied word for word of what he had said and failed as i was suppose to. After explaining what i did he laughed and said i need to figure it out (best advice ever) Now fast forward couple months later I completely stopped trying and went back to my usual routine of working and coming home and just reading books and continue to take in more information on how eBay works. Here comes the second attempt, found another niche and a supplier to provide it after days of searching and getting bad responses and placed an order. BAMM! after receiving payment and waiting for my order they contact me saying they do not have enough of the items i requested in stock and receive a mixed match version of the product i requested. I take it as a lesson learned for not being more direct with the sample request and decide to try it out anyways they didn't look bad so why not.... Here's the second mistake it came with a logo on it which is something I did not think twice about I've seen stuff sell completely with other logos and it was from some other seller, one thing I did not know was not to have the logo placed inside the picture of your item since it is not allowed (hence my fault again for not reading more) Account penalized and selling limit drops along with amount allowable to be made. I say F that! and create another account this time with self taken pictures by creating my own photo booth and made sure to look up any other restrictions. Wake up next morning and FIRST SALE! I get exited package it and ship it and i wait. Next morning same thing! an item a day. Now restrictions dont allow for any more until a 30 day period so here i wait aggressively.

Bare with me its almost done..... Next project i decide to try my hands on computer repair for clients around where i live so i get some business cards made and yesterday i started putting them on people's doors but today no calls so tomorrow I go back out and put some more around in another part of my neighborhood and will continue to do so eventually I want to have my eBay empire set up and have a decent clientele list for computer services that will allow me to grow and make a business out of it. Anyways that is my story and my projects and I will continue to post on here until I reach my goal and come up with another. This is by far the most helpful forum I've ever been on so thanks to all who provide excellent content!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
So passed the supposedly bad storm we were suppose to be having in Houston and came out to a note on my door saying not top pass out any cards in the property :( bummer but instead i have gone into putting posts on craigslist and 5 mile to see if anything will hit, meanwhile the ebay part currently looking at other products from sources while I wait for my 30 days to be over.

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
Alright been a WHILE update time! Ebay selling has picked up to a minimum selling at one item per day so far not perfect satisfaction but its a start since with this pace I get to start looking into getting another shipment in. Second distributing my cards still hasn't gotten me any clients but apps such as 5 miles and craigslist has with decent income from them with little time given which is the plus side here and each client has also been very satisfied which is the most important thing overall. Trading cryptocurrencies has also been another opportunity opened to me doing extensive research and within a week nabbed a good $40 so not to bad, still looking into others who have done it for years and gathering as much information as I can and if I can recommend a good channel would be the chart guys on youtube for anyone else who might be interested in doing so anyways I will continue to post as more is done!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.