The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Discussion about Hyper-reality businesses

Ivan Koretskyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Oct 2, 2021
Oregon, US
I wanted to make a thread talking about your guys’d thoughts on business that are hyper realities. Is it a choice to pursue or is it best to stay away from them? Can new hyper reality businesses be formed or are they already made? Just ideas to think about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I wanted to make a thread talking about your guys’d thoughts on business that are hyper realities. Is it a choice to pursue or is it best to stay away from them? Can new hyper reality businesses be formed or are they already made? Just ideas to think about.
It is difficult to stereotype on business or industries. You are likely to find winners in all fields but personally for me chasing growth at the moment (lasting more than a few years) is a preferred path. It is much easier to thrive in a growing industry than a stagnant one. Demand is hot (due to demand growth outstripping supply) and people are much for forgiving on the quality of service provided(everyone is learning anyway).

Capital intensive business with long chain of business (dealing with multiple supplier and running headcounts and fixed investment in equipment) is generally bad, in my opinion. Running a factory to make stuff for example. Because the more chains you have in your business you have more potential points of failure. Heavy fixed investment means high hypothesis invalidation cost.

Most business and ideas will fail. Therefore it is essential to have reasonable upside if it succeeds and manageable downside when it fails. Good ideas in my opinion are not ones that will make most when you succeed, but very clear hypothesis invalidation point: Within 3-6 months you know very clearly whether this is a winner or you should get out completely.

The worst business traps are "time opportunity cost" traps-a barely profitable or minimum wage income business that cost you to run it for 3-4 years and maybe you hope that the 5th year it will be different.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Cancyou give an example of a hyper reality business?

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
With Hyper - Reality Businesses you mean that when I put my 3D Glassses on, I can walk into a Digital store and buy a product with my digital wallet which will be delivered into the "real world"? I Think it could work out and the reason for me why It will work out is because Facebook has the knowledge and the budget to create a new, addictive, edgy product which will be consumed by millions of people.

Imagine taking the Map of New York City and put a digital overlapped Map on it. Instead of paying let's say 80k per month for rent in the real world, you can have for the same location your own digital business where you will pay less. Also, it could be quite possible to buy future assets in digital properties.

Value isn't defined by a scientific approach, but more what the individual defines as Value. Take a look on the history of Cryptocurrencies. Who would ever thought that digital money will become real? Why not Hyper Reality Businesses?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.