The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Disabilities and Limitations

Anything related to matters of the mind

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Let's talk about limitations. Some of the people coming to this forum, including me, have physical disabilities. There are days when it's not actually possible to get anything done. So if there's a physical limitation, and we still want to be in the Fastlane, why am I posting this under Mindset?

Because it becomes so easy to fall into discouragement, depression, giving up. Nobody will blame us if we don't reach our potential. It's not just mental blocks; it's "I can't get out of bed today without throwing up" or "I have to go to the hospital again". But I think we do ourselves a disservice. Giving in to discouragement is a luxury we can't afford if we are to become better as people.

Yes, there are limitations ,of course. But everybody has some kind of limitation. I've been listening to Ryan Stewman a bit lately. I find his manner coarse, his history obscene - his story does not motivate me. However, there is a lesson: his limitations were much more severe than mine are.

I just need to find a way to walk around mine, just like he did. Right now, for example, I'm using Dragon's speech to text program to write this. When I'm done here, I'll use it to write another blog post, or work on the course work. I was forced to miss out on 6 hours today, and I'll have to see the doctor tomorrow, but I'll be better enough to do my talk on Thursday. And if not, I can postpone it, and while people might be inconvenienced, they will still come to the next talk. Sure, the Fastlane might take a little bit longer - but so what? I'm not going anywhere.

So if you coming here, with excuses because you have a disability, I suggest you give up the excuses right now. The Fastlane is pretty wide, and open to everyone. It's harder to shift a mindset than to find a practical way around a physical limitation. Let me put that another way: it's easier to get on the Fastlane with a physical limitation than with mental blinders.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
Let's talk about limitations. Some of the people coming to this forum, including me, have physical disabilities. There are days when it's not actually possible to get anything done. So if there's a physical limitation, and we still want to be in the Fastlane, why am I posting this under Mindset?

Because it becomes so easy to fall into discouragement, depression, giving up. Nobody will blame us if we don't reach our potential. It's not just mental blocks; it's "I can't get out of bed today without throwing up" or "I have to go to the hospital again". But I think we do ourselves a disservice. Giving in to discouragement is a luxury we can't afford if we are to become better as people.

Yes, there are limitations ,of course. But everybody has some kind of limitation. I've been listening to Ryan Stewman a bit lately. I find his manner coarse, his history obscene - his story does not motivate me. However, there is a lesson: his limitations were much more severe than mine are.

I just need to find a way to walk around mine, just like he did. Right now, for example, I'm using Dragon's speech to text program to write this. When I'm done here, I'll use it to write another blog post, or work on the course work. I was forced to miss out on 6 hours today, and I'll have to see the doctor tomorrow, but I'll be better enough to do my talk on Thursday. And if not, I can postpone it, and while people might be inconvenienced, they will still come to the next talk. Sure, the Fastlane might take a little bit longer - but so what? I'm not going anywhere.

So if you coming here, with excuses because you have a disability, I suggest you give up the excuses right now. The Fastlane is pretty wide, and open to everyone. It's harder to shift a mindset than to find a practical way around a physical limitation. Let me put that another way: it's easier to get on the Fastlane with a physical limitation than with mental blinders.

The "Nobody will blame us if we don't reach our potential" thing you mentioned is definitely one of the bigger mindset issues/limitations I deal with in regard to my disability. Great post!

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Wow this is deeeeeeep . I love the hustle man , keep it going , nothing can stop you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.