The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Digital marketing agency focussing on Chinese tourists

Marketing, social media, advertising

Crazymothef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 12, 2016
In this thread I will update you on the progress of setting up a digital marketing agency that focuses on attracting Chinese tourists to popular restaurants/bars/shops.

The idea:
It is expected that by 2020 more than 160M Chinese tourists will travel outside of China. By 2023 more than 20 procent of all travelling worldwide will be undertaken by Chinese citizens. This gave me the idea to setup a digital marketing firm that helps local restaurants, bars and shops attract Chinese tourists. I'll be focussing on the Belgian market so mostly on cities like Bruges, Brussels, Ghent and Antwerp

The services I will be offering:
- Integration of Alipay, Wechat Pay and Union Pay <- still have to figure out I if will offer an own solution or resell existing solutions
- SEO service for Baidu
- Website translation services
- Social media marketing/customer service on Weibo, Wechat, ..
- Influencer marketing
- Tourism forum management: Mafengwo, DaoDao
- Online travel agencies

Resources I will be using on how to setup my company and find leads:
- GOLD! - CHECKLIST: How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days
-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNYRWRXuQo0
<- will use his tactic to find leads and send them emails. I will start with a small selection of types of shops/restaurants and focus on where I get the best results

TODO:
1) Create website
2) Create list of leads per type (Restaurant, shop, bar) and send out email
3) Contact Alipay and Wechat payment providers to see what business proposal they can make for reselling
4) Find sociale media freelancers in China
5) ...

I would love to hear your feedback on the idea and would welcome any tips

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This gave me the idea to setup a digital marketing firm that helps local restaurants, bars and shops attract Chinese tourists. I'll be focussing on the Belgian market so mostly on cities like Bruges, Brussels, Ghent and Antwerp

I'm guessing there are a ton of Chinese tourists in this area? How have you validated this idea to make you think of pursuing it? If I'm not mistaken, the Chinese are very connected to their smartphones, perhaps worse than Americans and Brits.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jul 30, 2019
Yes I'm Belgian (Brussels) too and there is a lot of Chineses tourists in the cities. I think it's a very popular country to them and it's pretty probable that it will just go for more in the future. Maybe there is actually a big market to take be part of.
I was already studying Sean Marshall's lesson on Udemy, so...

Edit: It seem the idea has been already validated by tourism professionals all around the country. They are rubbing their hands from a long time and increasingly.
-great number of chineses tourists every year in Liege airport (wich is connected to several Chinese cities)
-"""""" every years in Europe and in constant and serious augmentation. Lot of them seems to begin they journey in Belgium.
-New airport company in Belgium specialized in Chinese tourism
-Creation of a Chinese Quality Label in Belgium, and a lot of bar/restaurants/... take this very seriously 'cause they know there is serious benefits involved

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Integration of Alipay, Wechat Pay and Union Pay

I'd reach out to those companies. Ask them how much they'd pay per new location signed up.

Then go out and start signing up every single location by a tourist destination or college campus (in America).

Each of these companies have sales people fulltime, just not necessarily in America. Figure out how much Square pays their sales people, and then figure out how much you can get paid per location. My guess is $200 to $400 per location. Not that difficult of a hustle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.