The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Difficulty to sleep ?

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
Do you have a course to help out? If there's a link to a free e-book I'll be interested.

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
To all entrepreneurs currently struggling with sleep: What is the biggest challenge you're facing ? COMMENT BELOW/DM ME!

not sure what you’re asking. What’s the biggest sleep challenge? Or entrepreneurial challenge that’s causing the insomnia?

Last edited:

Vicentelaff

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 19, 2019
France
What is the biggest problem you're facing, is it falling asleep, is it staying asleep, waking up and getting out of bed, day time tiredness and lack of focus...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
What is the biggest problem you're facing, is it falling asleep, is it staying asleep, waking up and getting out of bed, day time tiredness and lack of focus...

Ah.. I see. For me, it's usually falling asleep.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Falling asleep for sure. Only thing that worked was starting to do a steep hill 5k walk/hike starting really early in the morning, 6am or so. Knocks me out by 9pm easy.

If I don't do it, or do any kind of workout later in the afternoon or evening, I'm screwed.

ChristianGDBG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jan 2, 2020
France

Mainly waking up. Which is to do with my PSNS and adrenals being a tad overworked

ChristianGDBG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jan 2, 2020
France
Falling asleep for sure. Only thing that worked was starting to do a steep hill 5k walk/hike starting really early in the morning, 6am or so. Knocks me out by 9pm easy.

If I don't do it, or do any kind of workout later in the afternoon or evening, I'm screwed.
Yeh, I do that too. Some form of exercise in the morning is a must otherwise I'm wide eyed and upbeat until 1am...

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Weighted blanket seems to be a new trend/increasing in popularity since I've heard multiple people talk about it lately. Have not tried it myself but I thought I'd share about it since supposedly it helps with sleep. Anybody that's used a weighted blanket feel free to chime in.

"Weighted blankets are designed to provide a warm, gentle pressure on the user that mimics the feeling of being held (known as Deep Touch Pressure). This type of pressure has been shown to increase serotonin, a neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of sleep that has a calming effect."

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Here is how I went from chronic bad sleeper to sleeping like a baby and feeling great:
  • wake up early (5-6am), and be consistent
  • go to bed early (9-10pm), and be consistent
  • no screen whatsoever in the evening
  • no cellphone in the bedroom (stays in the living room to charge at night). Buy an 8$ alarm clock.
  • read in bed
  • get tired: work my a$$ off during the day + workout, BJJ or hiking
  • keep your bedroom cool: 15°C is ideal for me
It's actually quite simple and easy as you get into the routine. Most ideas come from Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Here is how I went from chronic bad sleeper to sleeping like a baby and feeling great:
  • wake up early (5-6am), and be consistent
  • go to bed early (9-10pm), and be consistent
  • no screen whatsoever in the evening
  • no cellphone in the bedroom (stays in the living room to charge at night). Buy an 8$ alarm clock.
  • read in bed
  • get tired: work my a$$ off during the day + workout, BJJ or hiking
  • keep your bedroom cool: 15°C is ideal for me
It's actually quite simple and easy as you get into the routine. Most ideas come from Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson.

nice tips. will try & implement some.

FMJJ

Scaling eCom Brands
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,821%
Dec 26, 2017
Miami Beach, FL
Sleep has been a focus of mine for a while now. I've been improving my sleep because I know how important it is for the mind. The mind flourishes when you stay consistent with quality sleep. Not surprisingly, sleep has significant physical benefits too. I completed a course called Sleep.io, and I read a book called Why We Sleep by Mathew Walker. I think the most important thing for sleep is stress management. I credit mindfulness as the most effective skill to manage negative emotions with. This video explains mindfulness pretty well: Don't try to be mindful

More on stress management in this thread: The Chimp Paradox, By Dr. Steve Peters (Review & Discussion)

I use earplugs as a means for better quality sleep because I'm very sensitive to noise like many other sleepers out there. Earplugs are crucial for people like me. The slightest noise can keep me up and ruin the quality of my sleep. I used to put earplugs in the wrong way, so it was uncomfortable. I eventually started using them the right way lol. For me, they are a prerequisite to enabling consistent, quality sleep. I also use a sleep mask which blocks out light. I find that a sleep mask is really uncomfortable in a heated environment. I have to be in a room with a cool temperature to have quality sleep. Wearing comfortable clothing that is loose is obviously helpful. Using a comfy bed and pillows... also obvious. Winding down is crucial. Reading fiction has been helpful for me as it makes it easier to be mindful. Reading fiction promotes mindfulness if you read a book that you have some interest in. I give my mind a break from the constant work I put myself through while also being productive through reading. Fiction is great in the evening. I am strict with my electronic usage. There is no reason for me to be using electronics as bed time nears. I shut down my laptop. I don't use my phone. Instead of a phone, I use a Philips sun-simulating alarm clock that wakes me up gently. Also to mention, I find it helpful to track my sleep. I invested in a ring called Oura. It allows me to track REM sleep, deep sleep, and light sleep. It tracks the quality of my sleep. It tracks my fitness and activity. It tracks my body temperature. I think it's really cool how it tracks my meditation sessions too. It reminds me how fundamentally important sleep is.

I'm open to answer any questions ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.