Hi guys,
I'm currently 23 years old and need some advice.
I'm starting to invest in real estate and my plan is to retire in 10 years with it.
Right now I'm working at a sales job that I'm not passionate about. It's a 100% commission B2C, high volume, fast sales cycle, and I'm very good at it. On a very good week I can make around 3.5k and on a bad week around 800-1k. Most of the time I make around 2k/week and will make around 100k this year, which for my age is very good. My plan was to do this short term, buy some real estate and get out.
But, I just received a sales job offer in a tech start up. The technology is very promising and they grow very fast. This company is 1.5 years old, they have 25 employees and just received a 10M$ first round funding. Next year they plan to have 200 employees. The salary is 55k base + 12k performance bonus and the possibility to have stock options. If I choose this, my real estate business will grow a slower, but I'm very interested in the stock options with this kind of growth.
So I'm wondering, what do you guys think about this? Should I continue like I am or choose the start up?
Thank you very much in advance.
I'm currently 23 years old and need some advice.
I'm starting to invest in real estate and my plan is to retire in 10 years with it.
Right now I'm working at a sales job that I'm not passionate about. It's a 100% commission B2C, high volume, fast sales cycle, and I'm very good at it. On a very good week I can make around 3.5k and on a bad week around 800-1k. Most of the time I make around 2k/week and will make around 100k this year, which for my age is very good. My plan was to do this short term, buy some real estate and get out.
But, I just received a sales job offer in a tech start up. The technology is very promising and they grow very fast. This company is 1.5 years old, they have 25 employees and just received a 10M$ first round funding. Next year they plan to have 200 employees. The salary is 55k base + 12k performance bonus and the possibility to have stock options. If I choose this, my real estate business will grow a slower, but I'm very interested in the stock options with this kind of growth.
So I'm wondering, what do you guys think about this? Should I continue like I am or choose the start up?
Thank you very much in advance.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
