The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Diane Kennedy's Books (questions)

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I keep eying your books on the shelf of my local Barnes and Noble. As I get into real estate, I am wondering if I should read those books before I do my first deal. A rough idea of my plan is to initially flip properties and use that money to get into multi-unit complexes for the cash flow. I am very green when it comes to real estate. I fully intend on purchasing your books. Your advice on these forums has been excellent and I can only imagine the advice in the books is as well. I am merely wondering if the information would be for a newbie such as myself or a more seasoned investor. Would you recommend I start with Insider’s Guide to Real Estate Investing Loopholes, or Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Bilgefisher-

I've read most of 'em.

Based purely on how much they saved us or showed us how to approach things from a different angle, each one of them was worth, oh, say 1000x what I paid for it.

Just buy 'em. RE Tax Loopholes is great. :)

-Russ H.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Went ahead and took your advice. I'll be reading them shortly.

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Bilgefisher-

I've read most of 'em.

Based purely on how much they saved us or showed us how to approach things from a different angle, each one of them was worth, oh, say 1000x what I paid for it.

Just buy 'em. RE Tax Loopholes is great. :)

-Russ H.

Russ,
Which one of her books would relate to the IRA topic we were discussing on one of the other threads? She talks about using IRA money to invest in RE and other ventures and being able to get a loan in your IRA's name with 30% down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Well, it is not one of her books, but I do enjoy reading her blog.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
AJGlobal-

Not sure if there was one.

Go to the Pensco site and do a LOT of reading.

They won't tell you how to do it, but all of the techniques/answers are there.

-Russ H.

PS If you call and ask them if you can use your IRA funds for RE investing, they will tell you yes, with LOTS of restrictions. LOTS. So many that most investors would not do it.

There are different approaches, though, that do work.

Read up on it, though. This is one area where you don't want to make any mistakes-- as they can be very costly.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
Russ,
Which one of her books would relate to the IRA topic we were discussing on one of the other threads? She talks about using IRA money to invest in RE and other ventures and being able to get a loan in your IRA's name with 30% down.

I ought to read the threads that talk about me more often! I do have a book that talks about pension investing: "The INSIDERS's Guide to Tax-Free Real Estate Investing".

It's a newer one that came out right when real estate crashed and the publisher kind of buried it, hoping the market would turn. I think this is one of my better books. And I'm amazed by how many financial people don't know this stuff.

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Russ and Diane for all the info.............I spoke to my accountant yesterday and he informed of some self appointed IRA options. I told him I was going to get more info (reading your book) and get back with him.

Dam I have not been this excited about spending money on something in a long time. I always loked at my IRA holding as something to invest and forget about until I was 59 1/2. I feel like I just won the lottery. :hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.