The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I really like this project, I definitely would have paid for the book back in my teens when I skateboarded. The QR code on page 10 of the amazon preview links to a video that isn't available. You probably want to fix that, because I wouldn't purchase the book if the preview video is broken
Thank you very much for your return. The book is published but I am in the process of doing a big update, being really passionate, I will strive to make it the best book possible to learn skateboarding and continue to have fun over the years: )
I'll fix the problem, thanks for letting me know ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
The newsletter plugin I use does everything for you once installed. It's being able to use plugins like this that convinced me to switch to WordPress back in 2014. Before that, I was spending a lot of time trying to create and maintain my website which was both difficult and time-consuming. It was much better to invest that time in my businesses.

When I installed the newsletter plugin, it created the tables it needed in the WordPress database. All that I needed to do was configure the plugin settings to control the subscription process. This included settings for when to display the popup to visitors and what information to collect from them. I also entered the settings to hook it up to Amazon SES but you can connect it to other email services.

The plugin has a lot of features you can use. For example, the text of the email sent to users on sign up. If you want to use a double opt-in for the signup. Which page to direct users to after they have signed up. Which mailing list they are added to. What auto-responders I use, for example, I can send an automatic series of emails to new subscribers to welcome them and share free gifts.

When it comes to writing my monthly newsletter, there is a drag-and-drop builder in the Plugin. This can save you time by inserting blog posts and images you have already published. I then schedule the newsletter to be sent on the first Saturday of the month starting around 01:00. The software even allows me to control the rate of sending. I limit this to around 800 emails per hour which tends to bring around 120 visitors per hour to my site over the day. I don't want too many visitors at once to avoid slowing the servers.

A WordPress plugin like this has hundreds of features you can use to collect email addresses, build and send newsletters as well as other marketing. You can also track stats like how many people open a newsletter or unsubscribe. You even have the option to see who clicked on a link and then send them a specific follow-up email if you want to. I think it would be very difficult and time-consuming to code something as powerful as this. It's much better to learn how to use the features.

As you don't use WordPress, why not buy some cheap hosting and set up a test domain with WordPress. You could then install the Newsletter plugin to try it out for yourself. 90% of what I've mentioned is included in the free version of the plugin. I just pay the small annual subscription for the extra features like using Amazon SES and in-depth stats. A couple of hours spent with a trial version of WordPress and this plugin will probably be very valuable and you can make a decision about if you want to continue coding.

If you decide moving to WordPress isn't for you, have you checked GitHub for any newsletter code? I seem to remember playing around with a free package once that had some good features but I struggled with the code so gave up.
He looks very powerful in this case. I will try it tomorrow ;).
It would take me a long time to code everything myself, fortunately you know this plugin!
Is your server traffic limited?
I went to see the price of the premium offer, it's far from excessive in view of the features, I think I'll take it.
In the end I already lost a lot of time just to make the site, so I'll see to simplify as much as possible with wordpress.
Thank you for your help anyway, I'll let you know tomorrow ;)
Have a nice day everyone, take care of yourself.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
He looks very powerful in this case. I will try it tomorrow ;).
It would take me a long time to code everything myself, fortunately you know this plugin!
Is your server traffic limited?
I went to see the price of the premium offer, it's far from excessive in view of the features, I think I'll take it.
In the end I already lost a lot of time just to make the site, so I'll see to simplify as much as possible with wordpress.
Thank you for your help anyway, I'll let you know tomorrow ;)
Have a nice day everyone, take care of yourself.
I'll be interested to hear what you think about the plugin and its features.

My server traffic has some limits to it based on the number of visitors per month and also hourly CPU usage. Amazon SES will send my newsletter at 14 emails per second. Having so many people try to access my website at the same time will take me over my hourly limits. It's likely the hosting company will then begin pushing me to take a much more expensive package when I don't need it the rest of the time.

Here's the visitor graph for my website this month. Spot when I sent my newsletter.
2022-07-27_14-45-17.jpg
It's worth keeping things like this in mind as you grow your subscribers.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I'll be interested to hear what you think about the plugin and its features.

My server traffic has some limits to it based on the number of visitors per month and also hourly CPU usage. Amazon SES will send my newsletter at 14 emails per second. Having so many people try to access my website at the same time will take me over my hourly limits. It's likely the hosting company will then begin pushing me to take a much more expensive package when I don't need it the rest of the time.

Here's the visitor graph for my website this month. Spot when I sent my newsletter.
View attachment 44530
It's worth keeping things like this in mind as you grow your subscribers.
I'll install wordpress today for try the plugin ;).
That's strange, if it can help you I host all my website at lws (it's French), and you have unlimited traffic for a good price (Hébergement site web - Nom de domaine - Serveur dédié - LWS), the prices are really honest too if you wanna try.
That's amazing, it's like a rocket for your website. And I think you increase your sales too ? ;)
Have a good day :)

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello my friends, sorry for not giving much news at the moment I'm working hard on my projects. Don't worry, it's doing very well and I'm happy about it (partly thanks to your help on Amazon Ads for example). In this regard, I was wondering if I can be exempt from VAT on invoices? Simple question...

Apart from that I'm on the creation of my own newsletter, I published the v2 of my book which adds +37 pages for free and others are being written for a third and probably final version.

As for the apps, I added a great feature allowing my users to import their own relaxation music into my anti-stress breathing app (Heart Coherence).

Besides that, I continue my hobbies and live my life to the fullest: swimming pool, skateboarding, bodybuilding, musical composition, painting....

I wish you the best my friends, take care.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Hello my friends, sorry for not giving much news at the moment I'm working hard on my projects. Don't worry, it's doing very well and I'm happy about it (partly thanks to your help on Amazon Ads for example). In this regard, I was wondering if I can be exempt from VAT on invoices? Simple question...

Apart from that I'm on the creation of my own newsletter, I published the v2 of my book which adds +37 pages for free and others are being written for a third and probably final version.

As for the apps, I added a great feature allowing my users to import their own relaxation music into my anti-stress breathing app (Heart Coherence).

Besides that, I continue my hobbies and live my life to the fullest: swimming pool, skateboarding, bodybuilding, musical composition, painting....

I wish you the best my friends, take care.
It's great to see your continued efforts and updates.

Regarding the question of you being exempt from VAT, I would say probably not, but I had my accountant deal with tax matters for me.

What I can tell you in the UK is that all companies and individuals registered for VAT (usually those with a +£85k annual income) are required to charge VAT to their customers. If the customer is also registered for VAT then they can reclaim the VAT on the purchase (unless they are on the flat rate VAT scheme). What I don't know is how you are affected given you live in France and are covered by EU rules.

Other than Tax, it sounds like you are living the dream. Enjoy the ride and keep posting updates.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
It's great to see your continued efforts and updates.

Regarding the question of you being exempt from VAT, I would say probably not, but I had my accountant deal with tax matters for me.

What I can tell you in the UK is that all companies and individuals registered for VAT (usually those with a +£85k annual income) are required to charge VAT to their customers. If the customer is also registered for VAT then they can reclaim the VAT on the purchase (unless they are on the flat rate VAT scheme). What I don't know is how you are affected given you live in France and are covered by EU rules.

Other than Tax, it sounds like you are living the dream. Enjoy the ride and keep posting updates.
Thank you very much for this valuable information.
Sorry in advance for my late reply, I took a few vacations, now I'm back in great shape. :)
I opened advertising to all channels of amazon ads (australia, canada, germany etc) to further increase sales.
My Spanish translation is still on the way, I will have it in a few months (2 maximum).

As for the apps, I'm taking over the updates and I've started work on the site to host the newsletter.
Thank you for your interest, I wish you a very beautiful day to everyone, courage to you in what you undertake, we are all together.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since my last update ! :)
What's new ?
I work on increase my sales on my different projects : Android & iOS apps, my book, and the last news : my Chrome extension and podcasts (reach new auditors at this time).
For a few presentation of them : the chrome extension (name of the project : focusLab) is for increase productivity and focus > block sites, pomodoro timer, sound ambiant for focus, breathing exercise for relax, auto time On/Off, todo list, personalization and many more. It's the Sauron Ring of productivity, Chrome only at this time. But why not soon on Android & iOS. I think I will try to get some testers here (with a free subscription for life in remuneration), if you want take a look : focusLab on Chrome.
sauron-and-the-eye-header.jpg

About podcasts, it's just for pleasure. So if with time I can reach an audience... it's a bonus !The first is about books (only in French), books about Marketing, business...

And the second, is a podcast for English people to learn French from scratch, the name of the show is "Learn French With Max". I'm sure it will be some curious about this second here ahah, so if you want listen some episodes (3 to 5min per episode) > RSS, but it's available on every platforms.
360_F_25285308_ZsbcSJoGXNqsflrxcQre3BDjTzogHfbh.jpg

For finish, some few words about apps and book. My book for learn how to skateboard is now available since last week in six languages : French, English, Spanish, Italian, Deutsch, Portuguese.

About apps,
nothing amazing, it's hard but I try to work on the marketing to increase the conversion rate. For example, Sporty, my sport app get 1 to 3% per month of conversion rate. I mean people watch the Play Store or Apple Store but don't download. So I work on it.

Total revenue per month increase and it's stable, now since 2 years. I mean by stable, it's increase only, no down at all. So it's really cool and I'm proud of my projects. I continue on this way, and work on my knowledge too for have a better marketing, and add build much better value on all my work.

To all who will read that post, I wish you all the best, but to fail sometimes too. It's important to progress.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since my last update ! :)
What's new ?
I work on increase my sales on my different projects : Android & iOS apps, my book, and the last news : my Chrome extension and podcasts (reach new auditors at this time).
For a few presentation of them : the chrome extension (name of the project : focusLab) is for increase productivity and focus > block sites, pomodoro timer, sound ambiant for focus, breathing exercise for relax, auto time On/Off, todo list, personalization and many more. It's the Sauron Ring of productivity, Chrome only at this time. But why not soon on Android & iOS. I think I will try to get some testers here (with a free subscription for life in remuneration), if you want take a look : focusLab on Chrome.
sauron-and-the-eye-header.jpg

About podcasts, it's just for pleasure. So if with time I can reach an audience... it's a bonus !The first is about books (only in French), books about Marketing, business...

And the second, is a podcast for English people to learn French from scratch, the name of the show is "Learn French With Max". I'm sure it will be some curious about this second here ahah, so if you want listen some episodes (3 to 5min per episode) > RSS, but it's available on every platforms.
360_F_25285308_ZsbcSJoGXNqsflrxcQre3BDjTzogHfbh.jpg

For finish, some few words about apps and book. My book for learn how to skateboard is now available since last week in six languages : French, English, Spanish, Italian, Deutsch, Portuguese.

About apps,
nothing amazing, it's hard but I try to work on the marketing to increase the conversion rate. For example, Sporty, my sport app get 1 to 3% per month of conversion rate. I mean people watch the Play Store or Apple Store but don't download. So I work on it.

Total revenue per month increase and it's stable, now since 2 years. I mean by stable, it's increase only, no down at all. So it's really cool and I'm proud of my projects. I continue on this way, and work on my knowledge too for have a better marketing, and add build much better value on all my work.

To all who will read that post, I wish you all the best, but to fail sometimes too. It's important to progress.
Great work.
It's nice to read your update and to know that you are still working hard on your dream.
Good to see you back in the forum.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Great work.
It's nice to read your update and to know that you are still working hard on your dream.
Good to see you back in the forum.
Thanks a lot ! I'm happy to see you're already here too :)

I've talked about it just before, I give a life free subscribtion to give a try to focusLab, my Google Chrome extension. I want to build a very good tool, so that's why I need a lot of feedback on it (and some reviews on the Chrome Webstore page) for launch the rocket ! Thanks in advance, don't hesitate to answer here or in private message ;) .
Check/Download focusLab.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello friends, here is some news.
- The youtube channel is stagnant, I'll see to make more impactful videos tomorrow or publish at different times.
- The subscriptions of my applications are increasing more and more, this month I made +10% additional subscription sales compared to the previous months.
- The Chrome extension is at a standstill, I'll see to do more marketing, I don't think the extension is bad, content-wise it's very good I think (feel free to tell me what you think about it that would be great). I invested a lot of time in it, it would be cool to sell some subscriptions.
- The podcast "Learn French With Max" and the other are gaining shares day by day, so I'm very happy with the little promotion I've done.

Then from a personal point of view, I changed a lot of things:
- I've been training for years already, I completely revised this one to attack the muscles from different angles while sparing the rest so as not to smash the tendons etc.
- More walking with business/mindset podcasts in your ears.
- Only 45min of video games per day.
- Reading for about an hour a day.
- 1 relaxation/gratitude session per day (it helps me a lot to manage my stress).
- Work sessions of 2 hours max, then I take a guitar/reading break of 15min max.

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think, if you have "original" ideas to promote chrome apps and extensions, I'm interested too.

In the meantime, take care of yourselves friends in this beautiful quest that is the Fastlane. Don't give up :)

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hello friends, here is some news.
- The youtube channel is stagnant, I'll see to make more impactful videos tomorrow or publish at different times.
- The subscriptions of my applications are increasing more and more, this month I made +10% additional subscription sales compared to the previous months.
- The Chrome extension is at a standstill, I'll see to do more marketing, I don't think the extension is bad, content-wise it's very good I think (feel free to tell me what you think about it that would be great). I invested a lot of time in it, it would be cool to sell some subscriptions.
- The podcast "Learn French With Max" and the other are gaining shares day by day, so I'm very happy with the little promotion I've done.

Then from a personal point of view, I changed a lot of things:
- I've been training for years already, I completely revised this one to attack the muscles from different angles while sparing the rest so as not to smash the tendons etc.
- More walking with business/mindset podcasts in your ears.
- Only 45min of video games per day.
- Reading for about an hour a day.
- 1 relaxation/gratitude session per day (it helps me a lot to manage my stress).
- Work sessions of 2 hours max, then I take a guitar/reading break of 15min max.

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think, if you have "original" ideas to promote chrome apps and extensions, I'm interested too.

In the meantime, take care of yourselves friends in this beautiful quest that is the Fastlane. Don't give up :)
Count me in for testing your apps when you get them made. I'm close to launching my own Gamified Productivity app. Right now I'm using Freedom and BrainFM primarily for Productivity, and the 5am club... I'd be totally dead in the water without them... ✨‍‍

Last edited:

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Count me in for testing your apps when you get them made. I'm close to launching my own Gamified Productivity app. Right now I'm using Freedom and BrainFM primarily for Productivity, and the 5am club... I'd be totally dead in the water without them... ✨‍‍
They're all available if you want try them. You're more interested about a specific project ? Tell me ;). My chrome extension's name about productivity is "focusLab", you can found all my other projects in my descriptions too with linktr.ee

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
They're all available if you want try them. You're more interested about a specific project ? Tell me ;). My chrome extension's name about productivity is "focusLab", you can found all my other projects in my descriptions too with linktr.ee
Awesome I'll try that Chrome Extension and send you on some feedback when I get a chance ... Best of luck with it!

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Thanks a lot Hadrian, don't hesitate if you've questions or other ;)

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello my friends,
last week for improve the marketing of my latest project "focusLab", I've created 4 little chrome extensions (now available on the chrome web store) :
Capture d’écran 2023-09-12 à 09.31.01.png
You may have already understood, these extensions or rather "functionality" are taken from focusLab.
The goal ? You take even more data!!

No, I'm kidding, these extensions are without ads for hemorrhoids, and without data theft and even without registration.
What more ?
Nothing.
My objective is to make focusLab known via these extensions, there is a very small message floating within each extension allowing:
- Download focusLab from the Chrome web store.
- Rate and/or share the extension

All this logically allowing a virtuous circle of free marketing (or growth hacking for others)
What do you think ? Please chime in and let me know how you would promote focusLab, or anything else! Thank you my friends ! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.