- Joined
- Oct 28, 2011
- Messages
- 178
Rep Bank
$800
$800
User Power: 72%
Hi; I have a used appliance sales/delivery business. I've been doing it all myself but I could make even more if I had a driver do the deliveries for me (deliveries eat up a ton of time). The issue is that most of my buyers pay cash, which means that my delivery driver could carry $300-700 cash on him at any time, which is about 1-2 weeks of wages.
I'm concerned that it may be awful tempting for a driver to decide to quit the job without notice and without returning my cash. How can I control against this? These are the policies I have in mind so far:
- Don't hire anyone with a criminal record
- Try to have them return whenever their cash on hand reaches a certain threshold (though this may be tough due to the nature of the business--forcing cash dropoffs at HQ may more than double the time for an unexpected/short notice delivery). Perhaps I could require them to deposit cash via ATM? I'm not sure about this.
- Make them sign a legal disclaimer that indicates employee theft will be prosecuted harshly
- Give them customer feedback forms to give to each customer (Why? I think the act of recording will cause them concern about stealing)
I'm concerned that it may be awful tempting for a driver to decide to quit the job without notice and without returning my cash. How can I control against this? These are the policies I have in mind so far:
- Don't hire anyone with a criminal record
- Try to have them return whenever their cash on hand reaches a certain threshold (though this may be tough due to the nature of the business--forcing cash dropoffs at HQ may more than double the time for an unexpected/short notice delivery). Perhaps I could require them to deposit cash via ATM? I'm not sure about this.
- Make them sign a legal disclaimer that indicates employee theft will be prosecuted harshly
- Give them customer feedback forms to give to each customer (Why? I think the act of recording will cause them concern about stealing)
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
