What's new

Determined to make it happen...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

rich2me

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Messages
14
Rep Bank
$120
User Power: 7%
Hello, this is Jada from the DC Metropolitan area. It seems like I have had a long journey at my age of 36.

I am originally from NYC, went to the Navy after a year of college, had two wonderful kids, ups and downs with some of everything.

That some of everything includes dead-end jobs working as a lifer administrative assistant, office manager and now the glorified title of operations manager. In my office, the title interprets to "do everything".

In my spare time, I learned some IT, particularly web design, but graduated with my degree in International Business. Got caught up in the 2008-2009 economy crash if you will, and have been slave-waging at a non-profit ever since.

The kicker for me was when I went to my stupidvisor to check the status of a raise I asked for ever since February. His response was the organization was losing funding and we all may not even have a job soon...

Wow...

I read on occasion Steve Roy's website, Ending the Grind. I read his interview with MJ Demarco. I quickly go to MJ's site, downloaded the free chapters then downloaded the book on my Kindle.

I do not mind slaps in the face, heck I'm ex-Navy and a New Yorker surviving the burbs of DC! Reading MJ's book about the 40 years of working to gaining absolutely nothing, I thought, "Yup, this is the road I'm going and I want off now!"

I then tried to name one family member, friend, associate, etc. who was not living or lived the Slowlane. I thought about both my mother and grandmother, both who passed on way too early. They had no plan for financial freedom or freedom period.

However, when I read MJ's book, he speaks of how passion does not make you money. That is true; my Google Adsense from my thriller writing blog has earned about $3.00. Just enough to buy a Pike Place Roast Starbucks coffee.

My sons are ages 12 & 15 and they are going to help me start a business online. This generation of kids is very unique and we can all learn something from them. I am going to use my knowledge of IT, the fact that my oldest son is a whiz in math and the other is a great web/graphics designer.

It’s a start, but I plan to work on it consistently, because I am tired of my job, tired of not being able to live where I really want (California), tired of stressing, take vacations and most of all, spend time with my kids.

Thank you for reading my long introduction and I hope to connect with great people here. And thank you MJ for always keeping it real!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Kefe,

Ximduni vu vji gusan.

O natv vimm zua vjisi ot upi tmohjv qsucmin xovj NK't cuul. Vjisi ot tu nadj xotfun op vji cuul vjev e muv ug qiuqmi xju esi pix vu vji ipvsiqsipiasoem xusmf xomm nott tuni ug ov. Vji cuul piift vu ci tvafoif nusi vjep sief.

Et zua qsucecmz lpux vji nusvemovz sevi ug tnemm catopitt tvesv-aqt ot iyvsinimz johj. Epf vji sietup ot vjev nutv qiuqmi tvesv e catopitt esuapf xjev vjiz lpux us moli xovjuav qsuqis sihesf vu xjev vji nesliv xepvt us ot xommoph vu qez gus. Zua hsievmz onqsuwi zuas djepdit ug tadditt xjip zua qodl e huuf nesliv/podji/qsufadv us tiswodi. Neli tasi vjev zua esi qsuwofoph tunivjoph vji nesliv xepvt. Zua fu puv jewi ipuahj voni us nupiz vu dsievi e finepf gus zuas qsufadv/tiswodi.

Tu veli tuni voni up vji gsupv ipf, fu zuas sitiesdj, neli tasi vjisi piif vu ci gommif. Og zua qodl vji sohjv catopitt, mogi xomm ci e muv ietois. Qodl vji xsuph nesliv epf ov xomm ci aqjomm emm vji xez.
 
Jo Kujp,

Vjepl zua gus vji ximduni! O vuvemmz apfistvepf vjev caomfoph e catopitt esuapf e nesliv ot vji liz. Nz dassipv cmuh vjev O en xsovoph xet vu qsunuvi nz xsovoph et ximm et uvjist. Vji nesliv xet vji gedv vjev O en xsovoph i-cuult.

O en puv huoph vu tvuq howoph aq up vji cuul xsovoph, juxiwis, O xepv vu cmuh ecuav nucomi eqqt. O jewi fupi tuni sitiesdj epf xomm fu tuni nusi apvom O gohasi uav vji qmep vu veli ov mowi. Updi O jewi ov huoph, O xomm figopovimz qutv cedl vu vimm iwiszupi nz qsuhsitt! Vjeplt eheop!

Kefe
 
Iwisz 1,000 nomi kuaspiz tvesvt xovj vji gostv tviq. O xotj zua ximm up zuas kuaspiz epf juqi ov csopht vji gsiifun zua tiil. O xusl gus nztimg epf O dep'v onehopi jux jussocmi ov natv ci vu xusl gus tuniupi imti.
 
Iwisz 1,000 nomi kuaspiz tvesvt xovj vji gostv tviq. O xotj zua ximm up zuas kuaspiz epf juqi ov csopht vji gsiifun zua tiil. O xusl gus nztimg epf O dep'v onehopi jux jussocmi ov natv ci vu xusl gus tuniupi imti.

Vjeplt tu nadj! Zit, xusloph gus tuniupi imti ot puv vji xez vu hu...O en fivisnopif vu neli ov jeqqip. O eqqsidoevi emm ug vji hsiev efwodi jisi!
 
hsiev opvsu Kefe, ximduni vu uas movvmi duspis ug vji opvispiv. :voqjev:

Vjepl zua NK, zua movisemmz tewif ni gsun epuvjis hipisevoup ug tmewi-xehoph gus vji sitv ug nz mogi...!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom