The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How The Entire FinTech Industry Screwed Me Over Without Telling Me, And How You Might Be Able To Avoid Having It Happen To You

A post of a ranting nature...

Zooman009

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 29, 2020
Utah, USA
Alright. This is going to be a bit of a backstory.

The last year of my life has been a bit of a living hell. All the way back in the summer of 2021, I randomly got an email from Paypal saying that I was permanently banned for breaking their terms of service. I have no clue how or why they would even want to do that to me because I have never been a super active user of Paypal. The most suspicious thing I've ever done was paying a creator to put my ads on their Instagram, which ended up working, but didn't bring in any sales. However I wasn't that bothered because I only had a couple platforms that I actually used Paypal for. It was a bit annoying but I had a bunch of other payment platforms that still accepted me and Paypal was always a bit of a hassle.

Sadly that was just the beginning, after this I wanted to begin trading stocks on Robinhood and Public. As I was registering, My SSN wouldn't verify through their ID verification service. I know that My SSN is good because my bank needed it and there wasn't an issue, and I was easily able to get a license. This went of for a while until luckily both of the trading platforms asked for photo id and I was able to send in a photo of my drivers license. It took literal weeks before either of them actually validated my license, and I somehow have managed to get on to their platforms. It was anything but fun, luckily I haven't had any issue with either... yet.

Then I got another email from Venmo. At this point I wasn't too surprised about it because I knew that Paypal owned Venmo. In that email, they let me know that they were permanently suspending service to my account. Honestly this has been one of the worst issues that I've had with FinTech. So many people only use Venmo and it's prevented me from making a business account. I'm completely unable to pay some people and I can't easily take venmo payments at popups that I run. It's been a major hassle, but I ended up getting Cashapp which luckily worked and hasn't stopped service to me.

In the final instance of this mess, I was signing up for Square because I needed to take card payments for my recent popup at a farmer's market. But then my ssn ended up not verifying after I clearly put it in correctly about 10 times. They had no option to send in photo ID, and now I have no way to ever sign up to use their readers. Honestly it almost completely ruined my booth but I ended up using a friends account instead.

This whole process has been incredibly difficult, and honestly I'm afraid of my apple pay, and google pay accounts being shut down. It feels like the FinTech industry is trying to take me off the web and to keep me from creating businesses in my future. Maybe I'm just playing victim, but It definitely seems like something is up with my ssn that I have verified is fine and hasn't been stolen or anything.

This leads me to saying how you might be able to avoid this happening to you. After some research, I found on just a few articles that some people are getting services revoked because id verification software often uses credit history records in order to verify. I just got my first credit card in order to develop a credit history to possibly prevent this, but this seems to be the only way to help this issue.

If you want to have your ID verified easier GET A CREDIT HISTORY! It might be a hassle, but it may save you a lot of time and hassle!

TLDR: My id doesn't verify and tech companies cancelled me for it, they verify with credit history, so get that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zooman009

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 29, 2020
Utah, USA
Update: Figured out the paypal stuff was cause I was being a stupid teen when I was 17 and I lied about my age. That's my L to take.

Still not sure why my SSN doesn't verify with square but that's alright.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.