The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Designer Idea

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Selling a few things around the house so we won't have to dip into savings to have my site coded. Should be able to move forward within a couple of weeks, unless one of my coders is flexible on their terms... then I would be a go! However, getting registration for the name in process this week. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maralevin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Why put yourself at the low end of the market doing lots of little jobs for little pay? What you charge will help position you in the market and YOU CAN position yourself for the better clients and projects.

Your idea for using tested procedures is excellent for any price point.

Can you build a good portfolio from the approach you describe that has the client making all the design decisions after selecting the basic template?

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Maralevin, are you talking about my project? Or about the logo gen idea?

RustyOnRails

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 17, 2012
Honestly I am not sure there is a real Need for this. I know businesses need websites but how is what you are doing dramatically different than what is being offered by hundreds of others now?

I also don't know that it will be a very easy company to run management wise. I think there will be lots of headaches and I might give it a fail in the Time commandment. This is just my opinion of course.

If I was you I'd give away sites for $49/mo hosting. Do one template each for a handful of niches and give away 2,000 of them to hit almost $100K in passive hosting income.

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I think that my idea is not being fully understood, but I will explain in more detail once I get my site finished and up. :) It will be pretty much hands free for me, and I certainly won't have to be doing any designing. (Another plus!)

Rusty, your idea bout the free sites for marked up hosting is a good one as well. :)

maralevin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Maralevin, are you talking about my project? Or about the logo gen idea?

Hi there, I was wondering why you would do the websites so cheaply when you are a good designer and can get good pay for them. Maybe I misunderstood. Is it more about the web hosting then?

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Hi there, I was wondering why you would do the websites so cheaply when you are a good designer and can get good pay for them. Maybe I misunderstood. Is it more about the web hosting then?

Hey Maralevin - This site is not me building sites. It's designers coming together with their designs (their pre-made designs) and offering it to the public, whether it be a website or trifold brochure design. They sell these at a discount because it can be sold over and over again. The buyer, small to medium sized business owners, buy the pre-designed items and can either implement them on their own OR have the designer tweek it for them for an additional fee. The buyer will also have the option to purchase the rights of the design so that it will not be sold again. To put it basically, themeforest.net and etsy.com have a baby... this is what that baby would be. Additionally, if people purchase a website design and want it refined/setup for them, they will also have to purchase hosting through us. (domain is optional)

My goal is to help designers make some extra money easily by selling stress free designs (designs not built on customer demand and quirks) and to help business owners get started on more of a shoestring for things they need to market their business.

Does that help? :)

maralevin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 13, 2011
Massachusetts
My goal is to help designers make some extra money easily by selling stress free designs (designs not built on customer demand and quirks) and to help business owners get started on more of a shoestring for things they need to market their business.

Does that help?

That sounds great!! Thanks for explaining. :)

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
That sounds great!! Thanks for explaining. :)

Thanks! :) I think it is too, just have to figure out how to promote it once it's built and up! (Ordered several books today to read and absorb to make use of the downtime while the site is being coded.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.