The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Delta Air Craps is sued

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
This is the worst Airlines in American History...What kills you about this comany is not much their crappy service :puke:, but the blunt indifference of its employees. They've lost my laggage twice and overcharged me for no reason, and what do the employees do: Treat you like a beggar...etc

No wonder they keep loosing money and facing business issues. I can say that I look forward to the day this Air Craps goes bankrupt and join the ranks of TWA and Panam. :thumbsup:

From Yahoo News

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York lawyer is suing Delta Air Lines for $1 million, saying his family vacation turned into a nightmare after they were stranded in an airport for days and treated disdainfully by airline employees.

Richard Roth, who filed the lawsuit on behalf of himself and his mother, said he planned the Christmas 2007 trip to Buenos Aires to celebrate his mother's 80th birthday. She had grown up in the city, but had not returned in years, he said.

Instead, Roth, his two teenage children, his wife and mother spent three days in airports, went days without their luggage, were treated rudely by airline employees and were forced to spend $21,000 on unused hotel rooms in Argentina, replacement clothes, and other costs.

"Through its gross negligence, malfeasance and absolute incompetence, Mr. Roth holds Delta responsible for ruining his vacation," said the lawsuit, filed in New York state court.

Delta Air Lines Inc had no immediate comment.

Roth said that he has been in touch with Delta about getting reimbursed, but was repeatedly rebuffed. He told Reuters on Wednesday filing the suit was a last resort.

After the initial flight from New York was delayed by more than two hours, the family was not allowed to board their connecting flight in Atlanta, Roth said.

A Delta employee "literally walked away chuckling that he had left them stranded," he said.

After waiting in the airport for hours, Roth was told the next available flight would depart more than two weeks later.

He then booked a flight through a different airline and arrived in Argentina three days later than planned. The family was not reunited with their luggage for more than five days.

"Suffice it to say, Mr. Roth's elderly mother was a mess. And she has been suffering ever since. The kids are all upset. And it was Christmas Eve. Mr. Roth had spent one-half of his vacation in Buenos Aires chasing Delta and its incompetent representatives," the lawsuit said.

(Reporting by Edith Honan, Editing by Sandra Maler)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
were forced to spend $21,000 on unused hotel rooms in Argentina, replacement clothes, and other costs.

Is that USD??? because with $21k you can rent a pretty expensive loft at the best spot in Buenos Aires for a year!!!

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
Is that USD??? because with $21k you can rent a pretty expensive loft at the best spot in Buenos Aires for a year!!!

That's what the story said. Remember this guy is suing for $1 M US, therefore he must inflate his losses, especially the emotional ones to make his case stronger.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
This situation happens every day to hundreds of people. Nothing new. There's two sides to every story. I'm getting the vibe there's a reason the employees chuckled at him.

And how do you blow $21,000 in three days and still be sitting homeless in an airport? For that price the whole family could of jumped on a flight to some exotic island in the South Pacific and stayed for a couple weeks. Someone needs to take Money Management 101 along with Anger Management courses.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Z5, I'm in complete agreement with you.

The $21K is supposed to cover other things like being without the luggage, etc. (perhaps round the clock emergency medical care for the neurotic aging mother :coco:).

I'm sorry, Howard_Two, but we all have our likes and dislikes (or hates/loves). I've had airlines lose my luggage, cancel my flights, strand me on international connections, and (gasp) I've had more than one (hundred) airline employees treat me rudely.

The latter happened just a few weeks ago. Staff refused to allow parents w/kids early boarding. When we asked why, they said, "Everyone has a story for why they need to get on early." The only reason we expected early boarding w/kids is that I've seen it on EVERY airline I've been on, for close to 40 years.

Silly me.

I've logged over 250K miles in commercial airlines, over 40K before I was 17.

Not sure how much you travel Howard_Two, but I always take stuff like this as a challenge-- something that will add memories to my trip.

As experienced fliers, we always dreaded the tourist travel seasons. During those times, all the noobs would be complaining about how uncomfortable or unfair everything was-- and how much longer everything was taking than they wanted.

All those complaints went away when the season ended, and the business fliers were the only ones in the skies. We were accustomed to delays and other weirdness. Just a by-product of flying.

After all, it's not the flawless flights you talk about w/other travelers. It's the extraordinary circumstances-- and how you rose above them-- that become legendary tales.

Just my .02.

-Russ H.

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
We have never been in that situation before but we don't fly a whole lot. We were almost left stranded in Denver once. Weather diverted us to Denver airport from a San Francisco to Dallas flight. While we were sitting at the airport our daughter was running around with her cousin and ran smack dab into a brick wall. Big ole goose egg on her forehead. She was about 6 at the time. Of course my wife freaked out when the boarding agent wasn't sure that she could travel with that knot on her forehead. We had to find an EMS to look at her. All this time the plane is boarded and ready to take off except us. We are standing at the door waiting with our now knotty head little girl. I looked over at the pilot and he must have had kids too because he told the co pilot to run the pre flight check one more time. This got us the few minutes we needed to get an EMS tech to look her over.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
rcardin-

Exactly what I mean.

How many times have you told this story, vs a flight you took where nothing special happened?

Calamities are part of the fun of travel, in my opinion.

Or to put it another way:

Travel ain't for sissies.

(no inference intended here, Howard. Honest!)

-Russ H.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Oh Brother...

Bloom where you are planted.

We were stuck in Seattle one year on Christmas Eve. Finally made it home Christmas day. At the time, I was 7 months pregnant, and had a 1 and 2 year old in tow.

We had a lovely hotel - Christmas eve. It wasn't ideal, but whatcha gunna do? Can't get home. Might as well make the best of your "extended" vacation.

How much farther would that guy be if he learned to enjoy what life throws his way, make the best of it, manage his money and SPEND HIS ENERGY on improving his life?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
All the more reason to find a Fastlane .... Private Aviation!

main_image1.jpg

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
PhxMj said:

Reminds me of an interview Oprah was doing in NY. The interviewer said, "OK, I know you have to catch a plane, so I'll wrap this up. When does your plane leave?"

Looking a tad embarrassed, Oprah smiled and said, "Um . . when I get there?" ;)

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Being he is a lawyer he can sue someone and not have to pay fees. Havent you noticed its the lawyers that will sue over the stupidest stuff.

No kidding, geez what's next??!? A lawyer suing for $30 million over a lost pair of pants? Woops, that already happened. :cool:

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Oh, yes....

My dad is a pilot and has a small plane. He flies the kids to his house about once a month. They have a blast with Grandpa, we get a break (or time to focus on biz for a few days) and it is so much faster than driving!!!

Gotta love that!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

main_image1.jpg

I got some catching up to do!!! I still fly coach... :smxD:

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
I got some catching up to do!!! I still fly coach... :smxD:
main_image1.jpg

SteveO, we're all have some catching up to do... :(

In the meantime, if you have business to do, use an airline that means Business.

southwest.jpg

Southwest Airlines and its maverick co-founder and ex-CEO Herb Kelleher

FR9907g1.JPG

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.