The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with a mans greatest distraction.

lukabranding

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Aug 16, 2020
United States
Distractions.
The things that can lead to procrastination and eventually cause the downfall of your business.

Social Media
Video Games
Movies/Entertainment
Friends
Family
etc etc...

During my journey of starting a business, I noticed that when I cut all ties off my focus becomes extraordinary. It's almost like I've gone into monk mode.
But,
There's one that gets into my head and is extremely hard to manage.
One that can alter and wipe out my set future timeline

Women.

How do you come about dealing with something so biologically indispensable?
I strongly believe this can independently change my success,
it's why I need an answer from someone whos beat the system.
Starting to register in my mind that it's not possible to put both together
So I'm asking you as a business owner

Do you cut all ties and pursue the loneliest path in life?
Or, is there another way around it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Don't buy all the feel good, self help hype. Friends and family are (usually) not distractions.

Why are you pursuing a business? To help people and make money while doing it? What happens when you finally have financial success? Who do you share it with? Who do you create memories with?

Memories are all you have in life, no one can take that from you, and some of the best memories and experiences I've ever had have been with women, friends and family.

The idea of "suffer now so I can have everything I want later" is a flawed premise, and is as silly as a religious person sacrificing all of their worldly experiences, in order to make it to some promised afterlife.

Tomorrow isn't promised, and most people who tell you to suffer now so you can get all you want later, act like it is.

Think about if you're 25 years old right now, and it takes you 5 years to build a business that makes you enough money to do what ever you want in life. And let's say you went "monk mode" (cringey term imo) and ignored all of your friends, family and women for 5+ years.

Do you think women will all of the sudden start breaking down your door once you start making 6 - 7 - 8 figures a year? Will Chase bank send beautiful women a notification that you're rich, so they come flooding in to your house?

No, you'll have to use social skills in order to go talk to them. And guess what? You haven't talked to any one for 5 years. Social skills are something that take practice, like any other skill, and are something that you improve over time.

Ultimately you'll be in the same position as you were when you were 25 insecure and broke, as far as your dating life goes. You'll be a rich man who's awkward and can barely talk to women.

My point is this: you don't have to choose one or the other. You can build a business without alienating your friends, family, and girlfriends.

Watch this if you have a chance:
View: https://youtu.be/x9-q7LpCLdg?t=510

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.