The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Day 37: "Mans Best Friend" now under construction

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
On day 18 I mentioned that I had been working on a website called "DogPedia", a website meant to give information about dog breeds. Well, I scrapped that project because I wanted to work on something much more ambitious.

It's called: Man's Best Friend

Screenshot (1).png
(Don't judge too soon, it looks like crap bc CSS hasn't been added to the code yet...)

Its not just about dogs anymore. it also features cats, birds, and other types of exotic pets.

Not only will it have an info content system about different pets, but it will also have:

a custom product design and retail service (will require a wholesaler)

a distribution of service catalog like cat sitting or dog training in the user's local area. (will require certified professionals)

While this program isn't my main idea, it will still allow me to get my feet wet and learn how to face some of the challenges that will come with being an entrepreneur. It will take me a few years but once I see this through to the very end, I will have acquired a skillset that opens endless possibilities for ideas. If one retail idea fails, then I can scan for market needs and know how to execute another.

This is gonna be good. Ill update when I've made significant progress. See you on the Fastlane …

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

This sounds awesome!

Just my two cents, but for your MVP you may benefit from choosing either the product retail service or the service catalogue to start out (as opposed to developing them in parallel). I say this because it would be better to knock one of them out of the park then have to divide your effort to both at once - they have very different business processes. From a competitive angle, you'll be trying to determine how to compete with existing product retailers and existing service catalogues - you'd be fighting two battles at once in terms of market penetration. Finally, from a coding implementation perspective, pursuing both at once will add higher complexity to your database schema, user interface, etc. It's doable, and if you think doubling up on those monetization strategies is the better way to go, ignore what I've said. Just throwing that out there so you're aware of potential challenges.

- Cheers

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
This sounds awesome!

Just my two cents, but for your MVP you may benefit from choosing either the product retail service or the service catalogue to start out (as opposed to developing them in parallel). I say this because it would be better to knock one of them out of the park then have to divide your effort to both at once - they have very different business processes. From a competitive angle, you'll be trying to determine how to compete with existing product retailers and existing service catalogues - you'd be fighting two battles at once in terms of market penetration. Finally, from a coding implementation perspective, pursuing both at once will add higher complexity to your database schema, user interface, etc. It's doable, and if you think doubling up on those monetization strategies is the better way to go, ignore what I've said. Just throwing that out there so you're aware of potential challenges.

- Cheers
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep this in mind moving forward.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
All the best! How are you planning on making money with this project?
The program will have three main services:
1. Entertainment/information content. I'll be able to sell Ad space with this. The content will also cleverly but non-aggressively prompt the reader to visit...

2. A retail system that will keep a percent of what the exclusive wholesalers provide the consumer.

3. A service system that sells leads to dog trainers or sitters. This is what MJ did with customers looking for limo zines btw.

jonahsr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 28, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
The program will have three main services:
1. Entertainment/information content. I'll be able to sell Ad space with this. The content will also cleverly but non-aggressively prompt the reader to visit...

2. A retail system that will keep a percent of what the exclusive wholesalers provide the consumer.

3. A service system that sells leads to dog trainers or sitters. This is what MJ did with customers looking for limo zines btw.
Sounds great! Have you thought about selling info products on raising a puppy, training, diet etc?

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
Sounds great! Have you thought about selling info products on raising a puppy, training, diet etc?
No i haven't, but that does sound like a good idea. i could give basic tips in the free content section that entice readers to buy

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018
Mans best friend? Feminists are gonna love it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.