Has anyone ever dated in an attempt to find a partner when you are living at your bare minimum such as driving a 2001 Toyota with a big dent on the side, living in a tiny apartment, and looks like you are really truly broke and failing at the game of life?
I know people will say that anyone worth having will love you for who you are but the reality is, people at least want to date someone that is showing signs of succeeding at life, especially when looking for something long-term.
I am nearly 40 and divorced with two kids which is a completely different game than when you are young and living this way is expected.
Advice? I've been single for nearly 3 years and it is very lonely. It is hard enough finding people when you get older, are divorced, and have kids including one that is closing in on college.
I know people will say that anyone worth having will love you for who you are but the reality is, people at least want to date someone that is showing signs of succeeding at life, especially when looking for something long-term.
I am nearly 40 and divorced with two kids which is a completely different game than when you are young and living this way is expected.
Advice? I've been single for nearly 3 years and it is very lonely. It is hard enough finding people when you get older, are divorced, and have kids including one that is closing in on college.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
