The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dating when you are bootstraping and broke.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Has anyone ever dated in an attempt to find a partner when you are living at your bare minimum such as driving a 2001 Toyota with a big dent on the side, living in a tiny apartment, and looks like you are really truly broke and failing at the game of life?

I know people will say that anyone worth having will love you for who you are but the reality is, people at least want to date someone that is showing signs of succeeding at life, especially when looking for something long-term.

I am nearly 40 and divorced with two kids which is a completely different game than when you are young and living this way is expected.

Advice? I've been single for nearly 3 years and it is very lonely. It is hard enough finding people when you get older, are divorced, and have kids including one that is closing in on college.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tanu1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 4, 2018
Has anyone ever dated in an attempt to find a partner when you are living at your bare minimum such as driving a 2001 Toyota with a big dent on the side, living in a tiny apartment, and looks like you are really truly broke and failing at the game of life?

I know people will say that anyone worth having will love you for who you are but the reality is, people at least want to date someone that is showing signs of succeeding at life, especially when looking for something long-term.

I am nearly 40 and divorced with two kids which is a completely different game than when you are young and living this way is expected.

Advice? I've been single for nearly 3 years and it is very lonely. It is hard enough finding people when you get older, are divorced, and have kids including one that is closing in on college.

You have to start at some point. There is no barrier of age in loving and being loved. Actually you are postponing dating. Having significant other is our need as human.

If money is issue, make some plan to increase your earning and how you will manage your time and give some space to date.

Even 1 day per month to date someone is good starting point. It will give you some positive energy.

I have read somewhere that people meet their partner in three ways.

1. At work

2. From reference of social connection

3. Having similar hobby/ interest

Any method suitable to you?

Please keep in mind that you deserve love and you will soon meet.

Let me know it helps.

Best wishes. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lejus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 8, 2017
UK
Most of the barriers are in your head. With dating probably more than with anything else.

Is it easier to date when you are very rich and look successful? How do you know a girl likes you and not your money or your lifestyle? In your case, this is not a worry.

Just get yourself out there, the longer you wait the more anxious you will become about it and more barriers will appear in your head.

Is it easier when you are younger/richer/more successful? Yes, it is probably easier to have sex and find a date under those circumstances. Is it easier to find a soulmate? I don't think so, I think it might be actually easier in your circumstances, you are more mature, you know where you want to go, you know who you want to be with, the girls who look for a life partner and not money/lifestyle will recognize this.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Think about what kind of woman are you looking for in terms of looks, preferences, age etc.

Then think: if you're that woman, would you date you?

If you're very lonely, like you said, then come to South East Asia.....
The world is your oyster, you will have better luck here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MrChill

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 18, 2015
If you have work ethic, that is a very admirable trait, especially when you're willing to set your mind on your passion in a world full of people being corporate drones. A woman who is interested in a man who is building himself up is the right woman for you. Any woman that only wants you for your present net worth value is chasing you for the money, not for who you really are. Value yourself first and foremost. If you bring warmth and honesty and passion to your relationship, just like you do your business passions, you'll attract a likeminded woman. Don't be afraid to toss a few back until you find the right one. Just like you can't chase money, you don't chase women.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.