The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Daily Inspirational Quotes with Questions

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
18/Sep/12

Daily Quote:

The block of granite that was an obstacle in the pathway of the weak becomes a stepping-stone in the pathway of the strong.

- Thomas Carlyle

Question For Your Heart:

How can you turn your obstacle into a stepping-stone?

---

More inspirational quotes can be found at: Inspirational Quotes with Inspiring Questions | QuoteSecret

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
C

Czech

18/Sep/12

Daily Quote:

The block of granite that was an obstacle in the pathway of the weak becomes a stepping-stone in the pathway of the strong.

- Thomas Carlyle

Question For Your Heart:

How can you turn your obstacle into a stepping-stone?

---

More inspirational quotes can be found at: Inspirational Quotes with Inspiring Questions | QuoteSecret

Man this is something that I needed to hear. Building your own business is HARD. You spend hours and hours trying to get results only to get slapped in the face with no sales.

Reminds me of when I first started Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I spent 8-10 months of getting choked out every night before I began giving back. The "pain period" we have to go through when starting something new is the block of granite in the pathway of the strong. The only way to get through it is to keep moving forward..

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
19/Sep/12

Daily Quote:

My father once said, "If the whole world wants to go left and you feel like going right, go right. You don't have to follow. You don't have to make a big deal about which way you're going. Just go. It's very easy."

- Thomas Carlyle

Question For Your Heart:

Where do you want to go?

---

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
21/Sep/12

Daily Quote:

The sun's energy warms the world but when you focus it through a magnifying glass it can start a fire. Focus is so powerful!

- Alan Pariser

Question For Your Heart:

What is the purpose of your life?

---

stolpioni

Banned
Aug 19, 2012
I'm quoting a book I'm reading right now, by Carlos Castaneda (Title: The Teaching of Don Juan).

Anything is one of a million paths.
Therefore, a warrior must always keep in mind that a path is only a path;
If he feels that he should not follow it, he must not stay with it under any conditions.
His decision to keep on that path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition.
He must look at every path closely and deliberatly. There is a question a warrior has to ask, mandatorily:
Does this path have a heart?
All paths are the same; they lead nowhere.
However, a path without a heart is never enjoyable. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy --
it does not make a warrior work at liking it: it makes for a joyful journey;
as long as a man follows it, he is one with it.

Great book by the way.

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
25/Sep/12

Daily Quote:

If something is not happening for you it doesn't mean it's never going to happen. It means you're not ready for it.

- Unknown

Question For Your Heart:

What do you need to prepare to get what you want?

---

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Parts of this are paraphrased:

"I would always ask people, "why are you training." If the guy would say "I want to train because I think that if I get muscular then maybe I can enter a bodybuilding competition." I said, "sit down, if you think this way you're gonna be a loser, you're never gonna make it because there is no maybe. You've got to get up and say "I'm gonna be a champion, and I'll do whatever it takes, the visualization, reading motivational books, whatever it takes I will do."

You can detect right away those who will not go all the way and those who are hungry. You have to create a short term and long term goal and you have to go after it and you have to see it and believe it. You have to visualize your future and that creates the will you need to work every day, the will that makes you go beyond what everyone else is doing and makes you push forward. Being full of joy and looking forward to the end-result is the most important. Every day is getting you one step closer to that goal, to making your vision a reality.

YOU know, and it doesn't matter if anyone else knows, visualizing
yourself where you want to be and all you have to do is go towards
that vision."

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
03/Oct/12

Daily Quote:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

- Mark Twain

Question For Your Heart:

Would you regret it after 20 years if you didn't do it now?

---

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Found this while cleaning up some files:

423286_267617419979139_1479649016_n.jpg

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
08/Oct/12

Daily Quote:

It's in Apple's DNA that technology alone is not enough. It's technology married with liberal arts, married with the humanities, that yields us the results that make our hearts sing.

- Steve Jobs

Question For Your Heart:

How can you get more liberal arts and humanities into your DNA?

---

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
10/Oct/12

Daily Quote:

Once someone makes a decision about your cause or your product or your resume, it's almost impossible for you to persuade them that they were wrong. You're no longer asking them to remake the first decision, you're asking them to admit an error, which is a whole other thing.

- Seth Godin

Question For Your Heart:

How can you make a better first impression?

---

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
11/Oct/12

Daily Quote:

There’s work and there’s your life’s work. The kind of work that has your fingerprints all over it. The kind of work that you’d never compromise on. That you’d sacrifice a weekend for. You can do that kind of work at Apple. People don’t come here to play it safe. They come here to swim in the deep end. They want their work to add up to something. Something big. Something that couldn’t happen anywhere else. Welcome to Apple.

- Apple Inc.

Question For Your Heart:

Is your work your life's work?

---

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I found this on youtube

"Like if you listen to this song in this year 2012!!!"
-leonard0lewis 2 months ago 121

"Seriously, when else would we be watching this? We can't travel through time. & If we were, I doubt we would spend our time on youtube. Stop being a thumbs up whore."
-cambriax in reply to leonard0lewis 2 months ago

Which makes me think, if we were time traveling from the future to this current present, what would we do? Waste our time on this forum?

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
15/Oct/12

Daily Quote:

A person who doesn't know but knows that he doesn't know, is a student; teach him. A person who knows but doesn't know that he knows is asleep; awaken him. But a person who knows and knows that he knows is wise; follow him.

- Asian saying

Question For Your Heart:

Are you following a wise person?

---

Sign Up Daily Quotes and Questions: Inspirational Quotes with Inspiring Questions | QuoteSecret

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
"I thought it would be interesting to spread a thought which resurfaces in me on a regular basis. That there is a horrificly small number of seconds in an average lifetime.

1 hr = 60min * 60sec = 3600 sec
1 day = 3600sec * 24hr = 86,400 sec
1 year = 86400sec * 365days = 31,536,000 sec
70 years = 31536000sec * 70years = 2,207,520,000 sec

So, to reflect, there is only 2 Billion seconds in 70 years !!!! Perhaps, I've gotten used to seeing numbers of this magnitude. However this means that I cannot hope to count to 1 billion, let alone actually read and comprehend 1 billion written words. My intuition tells me this is small and gives me a bit a fright and a reality check that I will not have the time to do everything I want to or rather even very much. Remember, you are probably using a good number of seconds even reading this and reflecting!! 1.... 2.... 3.... 4....

Now, you should be thinking by now, that you have even less that 2 billion seconds.
----Half of your life you need to get refreshing sleep. So really, you only have 1 billion seconds of awake time.
----If you are in your late 20s, you probably only have 30-40 good years left if that. So 500 million seconds !!!
----Half of the time you are distracted by normal life of work, money, family/friends, or entertainment... 250 million sec
----Considering how long it takes to have original thought or understand something, say 1 concept every 20 minutes(1200 sec)... 250,000 concepts in your lifetime!!!"

from...
Time is Running out - Philosophy & Immortalism - LONGECITY

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
18/Oct/12

Daily Quote:

Now that just about everyone is in the business of selling their time in some form, it's important to be aware that even if something doesn't cost you cash out of your wallet, the opportunity cost is not only real, it's just as valuable. Not only does it cost money to say 'no', it costs money to say 'yes'.

- Seth Godin

Question For Your Heart:

Are you selling your time at a good price?

---

Sign Up Daily Quotes through Email: Inspirational Quotes with Inspiring Questions | QuoteSecret

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
19/Oct/12

Daily Quote:

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it that way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counterclockwise.

- Grace Hopper

Question For Your Heart:

Anything new to explore this weekend?

---

Sign Up Daily Quotes and Questions: Inspirational Quotes with Inspiring Questions | QuoteSecret

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong

mornpine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 12, 2011
Hong Kong
23/Oct/12
Daily Quote:

The decision about what to do next is even more important than the labor spent executing it. A modern productive worker is someone who does a great job in figuring out what to do next.

- Seth Godin

Question For Your Heart:

What to you plan to do next?

---

Sign Up Daily Quotes through Email: Inspirational Quotes with Inspiring Questions | QuoteSecret

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.