The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Customers not responding to emails?

Marketing, social media, advertising

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
My salesman keeps saying he’s been speaking to some new clients this week.

I’m having to hammer it into him that they’re NOT a client till they’ve been invoiced - and until they’ve paid.

Even now, three months later he keeps slipping up and calling people he’s speaking to clients instead of prospects.

Their not “users” either. What are they using of yours?

“Signups” is a bit better, because they signed up to your email list (I presume). It’s not great though.

You’d be better thinking of them as people. “I have 150 people on my email list.” See how that automatically makes you think of them better?

Imagine 150 people at a train station. See how that makes you realise they’re probably all very different from each other? The fact that you ask what a “segment” is shows that you’ve likely got a random mix of 120 people.

Even better would be to give a label that better describes the people on your list and what they want. e.g. plumbers looking for van insurance, parents of autistic children, cyclists looking for a winter training schedule.

So...

1) Who are you helping?

2) What are you helping them with?

I suspect your targeting is poor and that’s a major factor in why your open rate is so low. (There’s other major factors in open rate such as deliverability and poor subject line.)

Have you listened to the “300 surveys” call in my signature?
I haven't but I'll check it out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
When then your email subject is f*cked.
How are you supposed to know if you targeted the right group? When I look at my competitors the country that I target, alot of their users are from that country or similar.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I was talking to this buddy of mine at my gym one day and he told me he only ever reads 2/every 50 emails.

Interesting. I don't read any email newsletters unless they're my competitors'.
Have to stalk them every now and then to study their latest tactics and what they're doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
Even if they're the right people, 150 subscribers is nothing. You need at least 1000 people in order to understand what's going on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.