The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Customer Service: How Not To

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Saw this recently on a site's FAQ (identifiers removed by me):

faq2x_zps0k3w45mt.png

Amazed this guy's still in business with this attitude. I realize some customers can be dense or unreasonable but ... o_O

Perhaps the products are miraculous.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser155

The burgmeister strikes again.

One of the only reasons he's still in business is because the niche is severly EMPTY.

OPPURTUNITY is knocking (or maybe kicking? :D) at the door.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
One of the only reasons he's still in business is because the niche is severly EMPTY.
OPPURTUNITY is knocking (or maybe kicking? :D) at the door.

Yeah, I thought about that! Seems he has two parts to the business: products and service/repair. And almost all the problems and customer service issues are on the service/repair side, which would present Time and Scale issues. He says as much himself: "I just don't have time for my customers!". But you may be right about opportunities on the product side, simply because the awful attitude towards service/repair customers might turn away those who would otherwise buy.

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
This guy has one of the worst ecommerce websites I've seen, crappy, design, crappy pictures, a crappy logo, crappy fonts, crappy customer service, crappy product descriptions, and crappy products from the sounds of it since they keep breaking down. It's definitely a niche with a lot of opportunity if you're into it and know how to build those things.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
If the FAQ doesn't drive customers away not being able to read the webpage will. If you have a website please please please make sure the font color is actually readable on your background.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    970.7 KB · Views: 58

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
I recently went to a Social Media event and met Jay Baer.

He made a point to let business owners that you need to respond to where your customers are for example Yelp, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
But, it just doesn't matter that you respond, you have to respond in a way to show that you care and want the best for them.

The biggest takeaway I got was to spend more money in your customer service department, because it correlates with marketing. What is the point in marketing if you can't retain your customer.

I would recommend his book "Hug Your Haters". In the appendix it explains everything you can do to treat your customers right.

The guy above should've read his book, but you guys can take note.

speakers4u

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 7, 2016
Australia
Most people believe marketing remains in its traditional sense of brochures, flyers, advertisements etc.

We're in a new age...everything your business does is marketing.

• Sending an email? The way you present it, the tone, the signature. That's marketing.
  • Out with colleagues with identifiable labels or telling people where you work? The way you look, the way you speak, the way you act. That's marketing.
  • Setting up a voicemail? Who you choose, the words you speak, how quickly you reply. That's marketing.
Potential customers remember (either consciously or subconsciously) every interaction they have with your business, whether you want them to or not.

Get good at marketing, and you'll be set for life.

Mike

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Am I missing something -- is the original picture missing?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.